FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Does Tiki Central need theme music?
Does Tiki Central need theme music?
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 1:29 pm   Permalink

There is no way Kitty and I can make it to Florida for The Hukilau, but I visit their official website often just to listen to the music. Would that kind of set-up be a distraction on TC?
Another thought, Tiki Central held a contest to name an official club cocktail. How about a contest to establish an official original theme or jingle.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 1:42 pm   Permalink

I can't find the thread that has it, but Pablus posted a wonderful song he was singing and playing the uke to (if I remember it correctly) not to long ago. It was just lovely!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 1:56 pm   Permalink

HERE it is

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 2:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky... Thanks for the smile Pablus!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 6:22 pm   Permalink

Pablus,
Very nice song and performance.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-08 7:04 pm   Permalink

How come there are no tiki mugs with the little wind-up music boxes underneath? They could be playing 'Quiet Village' when you lift them up?

I am happy with Tiki Central as is without music. Adding music would mean it would take longer to load the pages, and I barely have enough time to check the messages as is. Adding music might also draw unwanted attention if I were to access the site at my work location. Plus, I worry that even a good song selection would end up sounding annoying if overplayed - especially if I hear it in bits and chunks in a computer setting, rather than a tiki bar.

I'm all for exotica music, but I like it now where I can add my own musical background via CD or record player.

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-09-08 19:05 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 7:51 pm   Permalink

I usually play the Swank Pad Lounge in the background when I'm TCing. Which I am doing right now. Also -- my pants are off.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-08 13:42, DawnTiki wrote:
I can't find the thread that has it, but Pablus posted a wonderful song he was singing and playing the uke to (if I remember it correctly) not to long ago. It was just lovely!

Pablus, that song is simply wonderful!! That is seriously one of the coolest songs I have ever heard. I would love to hear more if you have it. Your voice and the whole tone of the recording is very, very nice. Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 3:33 pm   Permalink

Shucks.
Mahalo for the kind words.

I am actually in the process of finishing up several originals on uke to be recorded when I can play them live; one dedicated to and named after the Kahiki Moon... reminiscent of the old Rodgers and Hart song "To Keep My Love Alive," not so much in musical content but lyrically.

Another about 2 Hawai'ian brothers who have been naughty little poachers of Koa for their father's instrument business - they stumble across an abandoned okolehao still - discover a skeleton with a half full bottle of the nectar - and they never leave.

I just wish I could get the syntax down of the Hawai'ian language words. I can't even put three together without... hey wait a minute - maybe I've been saying "bring the hurricanes to me" all this time and didn't even know it.

I'd best shut up until I get it right.

BTW - for everyone who is going to Hukilau - bring some money for the King Kukulele & Friki Tikis' CD - it's the coolest and most fun thing going in music.

FISH, FRUITS AND NUTS!
FISH, FRUITS AND NUTS!
FISH, FRUITS AND NUTS!
FISH, FRUITS AND NUTS!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation