FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Carving Ľ Ľ My first attempt - constructive criticism wanted
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
My first attempt - constructive criticism wanted
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 11:30 pm   Permalink

TIKIGRUVEN!!! I love it!

In tikispeak, "hideous" is the highest form of compliment that one can achieve. I'm striving for hideous with every chisel blow!

Really, man that first tiki is unbelievable. One problem with the van, though... You might run out of space real soon if you keep it up. But please, keep it up.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 11:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-08 23:30, Aaron's Akua wrote:
TIKIGRUVEN!!! I love it!

In tikispeak, "hideous" is the highest form of compliment that one can achieve. I'm striving for hideous with every chisel blow!

Really, man that first tiki is unbelievable. One problem with the van, though... You might run out of space real soon if you keep it up. But please, keep it up.

My bad. and I apologize for not knowing the compliment. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways .

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki on 2004-09-08 23:33 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 03:49 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:17 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 8:53 pm   Permalink

Very cool, very very cool. Welcome to TC and jumping right in with a great pic! The tiki is rad! The VW symbol is a bitchin' touch maybe even a first! Those teeth reminds me of someone but I cant quite put my finger on who. You got to post pics of the bus! I too am VW bus enthusiast. I have had several of the split window and owned a 21 window micro bus. I have so many stories of fixin' those things on the roadside with popcicle sticks, bungee cords and c-clamps. Good fun, builds character! Finally had to give in too reliable transportaion, but still dream of owning and creating a tikibus.

Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-09-09 20:54 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-10 09:20 am   Permalink

Thanks again. I had a VW camper as a daily driver when I was younger. Regretted selling. But know I can have one as a hobby. The Tikibus idea came to me as a way to personalize my VW. I have specifically chosen carved tikis for the inside that are not space consumers or have functionality. This tiki once stained will be velcroed down in a small corner.

Many of my ideas however have not come fruition yet so I donít want to post pics too soon. (Well maybe I'll post some interior) But I'll give a hint of whatís to come.... thatched awning, painted tiki mask on the spare tire cover, custom TikiBus sticker for the back, a tiki step stool/camp stool, tiki painted on horn button. Itís been a challenge to tikify such a small mobile place.

View Profile of Tikibus Send a personal message to Tikibus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 09:36 am   Permalink

Sound like it is going to be sweeet! I still wish I had my Micro bus. I always thought an old retired bus and a little work with a blow torch would make a unique greenhouse or tree house.

I can help you out with the any kustom decals that you may need.
Send me a PM with your address and I will drop one of my tiki decal in the mail for you.

Cheers and have fun with that bus

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 12:29 pm   Permalink

Man, you need to drink more while carving.
Then maybe your tiki would actually look like a first instead of a twenty-fifth.
Maybe I need to drink less while I'm carving..........
Truly awesome.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-20 09:27 am   Permalink

Well, here he is with the final look. A little stain and semi gloss. Probably needs a another fine sand and second clear coat. Once he finds his place in the VW, I promise I'll post pics of the interior.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikibus on 2004-09-20 09:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tikibus on 2004-09-20 09:43 ]

View Profile of Tikibus Send a personal message to Tikibus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 09:53 am   Permalink

TikiBus, Don't quit now. #1 is great, can't wait for #'s 2,3 4 and 5. Get busy chipping away.
Are you sure that is your FIRST???

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-09-20 14:54 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 1:04 pm   Permalink

Constructively speaking, Tikibus - THAT'S BITCHIN'! DO ANOTHER ONE!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation