[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Cleaning LPs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Cleaning LPs
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 1:10 pm   Permalink

i also have a nitty gritty machine, its kicks ass! ive worked at radio stations in the past, and currently am still dj'ing. this product does work, ive made totally unlistenable discs work pretty good again! really!! it melts all thee grime and then sucks it out of the grooves. all else is really just pushing it around ( finger oils grease, dirt, dust,) you will be pleased! i was!! and still am, the only thing is, you have to buy the conversion(which they do for you at nitty gritty)what this does is allows you to do 45's and full lengths. very important! hope that helps. and yes all of the other stuff work too, but im a record geek so............there ya have it!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-11 13:10, sleestak wrote:
i also have a nitty gritty machine, .... but im a record geek so............there ya have it!

sleestak,

What kind of cleaning solution are you using? I've been using the stuff that nitty gritty sells, but have been thinking of switching over, or at least trying some of the other brands that only cost an arm, as opposed to an arm and a leg... Anyone else out there have suggestions? The Nitty Gritty brand solution works well, but it just seems a bit pricey to me (esp. since it's 90% water or whatever).

glen leslie
http://www.jetsetplanet.com

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 5:15 pm   Permalink

honestly probably anything these other guys are using is perfect. its the suction that does the work. can ya dig??

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 12:59 pm   Permalink

I have had great results with Vinyl Zyme Gold from Todd the Vinyl Junkie. I use it in conjunction with my VPI 16.5 Record Cleaner

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation