FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Surf / Instro shows????
Surf / Instro shows????
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 11:00 pm   Permalink

Anyone know of any sites that list upcoming surf / instro band shows? I checked out Bombora.net, but didn't get much from there.

I've been into bands like the Ventures, Tornados, Chantays, Challengers, Eddie and the Showmen, Johnny Fortune, etc for as long as I can remember. I also remember years back when the surf revival came around is 1994 with Dick Dale and the movie Pulp Fiction. Back then, it seemed like there was a show going on all the time by bands like the Halibuts, Bomboras, Man or Astroman, etc. Nowadays there doesn't seem to be much of anything except Dick Dale. Does anyone have the low down on where there's some good surf music playin'?

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 04:04 am   Permalink

The Cowabunga message board is the best place for info on upcoming shows:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/cowabunga/

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 04:47 am   Permalink

Trader Woody is well up on his surf stuff. PM him.

Fifty Foot Combo are worth checking out.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-11 09:36 am   Permalink

Try this one.
http://www.surfrockmusic.com/listgig.html

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Curse of the Undead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-15 1:29 pm   Permalink

There's also NESMA, the North East Surf Music Alliance, for those of you on the east coast. I beleive it is www.Nesma.org

My instro band, The Howlin' thurstons, is a member....

View Profile of Curse of the Undead Send a personal message to Curse of the Undead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 3:33 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks for the links guys!

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Runner
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2009-07-25 09:04 am   Permalink

THEE SWANK BASTARDS @ 15 Romolo Bar Sunday July 26 8pm
15 Romolo Place off Broadway near the Bamboo Hut
good cocktails

View Profile of Rum Runner Send a personal message to Rum Runner  Email Rum Runner     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 12:51 pm   Permalink

http://www.Surfguitar101.com

Everything ya wanna know about surf guitar but have been afraid to ask. Someone usually posts the shows local to them. There are plenty of shows going on, depending on where you're at.

(no, i don't look at dates. Jeez....people drag up the oldest threads)

[ This Message was edited by: Staredge 2009-07-25 12:56 ]

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:28 am   Permalink

I agree with the recommendation of www.surfguitar101.com - the forums are very active and it's a great site to learn about new bands and upcoming shows and festivals. I run Double Crown Records, a surf music label up in Bellingham, WA. We put out about 3-5 CD's each year, mostly current surf/instro rock bands. Our latest releases have been by The Mobsmen (Norway), King Of Hawaii (Seattle), The Surfites (Sweden), The Concussions (Michigan) and The Madeira (Michigan/Indiana/California). Our website is www.doublecrownrecords.com. We've got a shop with our CD's as well as CD's from other labels throughout the world, 7"s and fanzines.
http://www.doublecrownrecords.com

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 7:58 pm   Permalink

I think that Double Crown has been releasing some of the best cds coming out in the surf scene in the past few years.

good work Sean.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation