FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 8:18 pm   Permalink

Good night, my friend.

Wish I were there to clink the glass and keep you in good spirits. Or drink you out of all your good spirits.

It IS a stressful thing to have this at hand yet again. Interesting to observe my friends and family and myself. The way I dealt with it the other night of candlelight was 5 double Test Pilots - a pitcher of Beachbum's Own and a loud rant at the electric company for not having their lines buried instead of floating about in the trees.

Beware of the Floridians at Hukilau - we could end up releasing our angst by drinking every single bottle of booze in a 50 miles radius.

Then we'll grab some war clubs off the vendor tables and attack the Californians.

Then again...where the heck would we ever get any Falernum?

Maybe we'll just sing all night.
That sounds better.

Hey dude - your potato(e)s are burning.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 8:49 pm   Permalink

G'nite Bro! Would've been pleasant to have you here tonite - it was a good evening!

Let's not club the tourists ... let's just sing. Here's what I'm listening to as I drift into Morpheus <heh> arms.

http://www.cybertiki.com/mp3/Waikiki-02.mp3

Cheers!

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-09 19:05, Kono wrote:
17 Mai Tais! I'd have lime heartburn coming out my ass...

Is there a vaccine for that?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 9:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Beware of the Floridians at Hukilau - we could end up releasing our angst by drinking every single bottle of booze in a 50 miles radius.

Then we'll grab some war clubs off the vendor tables and attack the Californians.

Pablus, sorry you're going stir crazy....stuck inside with all that booo hiccup....but do not despair, the Californians are coming to rescue you from evil Ivan. (with falernum in hand)

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 9:43 pm   Permalink

Dude, we gotta get you an ice crusher! Makes all the difference!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 9:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-09 20:49, cybertiki wrote:
Here's what I'm listening to as I drift into Morpheus <heh> arms.

I think if I had as many Mai-Tais as you've had tonight, I'd be meeting his big sister. Sounds like you had a great time, though! Make sure you save a few liver cells for Hukilau.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 10:01 pm   Permalink

Dude.......how often do you get liver transplants?

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 10:39 pm   Permalink

what german firm do you work for?

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 11:38 pm   Permalink

Anytime, man...I miss ya. Goslings just has a better flavor to me than Myer's...sweeter and spicier and less smoky. More mixable (in my humble opinion). Did you all survive the hurricanes?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 01:28 am   Permalink

Cybertiki - you're my hero.

Posting after 17 Mai Tai's. I personally couldn't find the PC let alone the keyboard.

I hope all is well in paradise.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 06:47 am   Permalink

Holy cow, you type (and write) better after 17 Mai Tais then I do stone cold sober! I lived in FL for a few years and webt through a few hurricanes and my no. 1 emergency provision was always rum.
Sounds like you had a good evening- thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 12:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all for your kind wishes last night!

Swanky: Actually, I have an ice-crusher attachment for the Oster Beehive blender, however, after about the eighth mai-tai, I gave up on it, considering it too be too dangerous to use in the state I was in!

Humuhumu: Morpheus sister? Hmmmm ... must be either a Neil Gaiman fan or into Death Metal perhaps? In the Greek Pantheon, of the three named Oneiroi, all of them were males.

Son of Mothra: (I love that name!) Liver transplants???? What's a liver? In fact, my family is one of those cursed with an overly efficient enzyme that breaks down alcohol slightly more efficiently than a lot of folks. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. The upside is that I've NEVER had a hangover, no matter how much I drink (even to the point of passing out).

BK: Yes - the Goslings is superior; you've made a convert of me! We did OK in the Hurricane, though I've been on the roof all morning trying to repair the spots where all the shingle got ripped off. Figured I'd better do it before Ivan so I can start with new leaks in different spots next time around.

Kon-Hemsby: I've always wanted to ask if those are your tattoos ... man - that is some totally awesome body art!!! My daughter Christina, who is 5, recently asked when she can get a tattoo. I'm screwed.

Drunken Hat: I work for Siemens ... I work in the area of cryptography and security. It isn't much fun except when I get to go to Munich. Cryptography is the worst; if anyone is looking for a career change, I'd advise against this field.

Urban Tiki: Yes - rum is the bare minimum essential element in case of a storm. I thank the ghods for rum each and every day - but for a different reason perhaps than one might expect ... if I get drunk enuf, I might write a dialogue on the subject sometime. As far as being able to type while under the influence, I normally type at about 80 words per minute - last night, my final post to Pablus took almost 20 minutes. By my calculation, that's just about 2 words per minute - so it does take a toll!

Cheers!

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 2:45 pm   Permalink

Cybertiki, I was reading your posts last nite you were beyond funny. Glad you made it ok. good luck with the next one. However, what is it exactly that you do for a living????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-10 14:45, hiltiki wrote:
However, what is it exactly that you do for a living????

Someone should ask me an EASY question on Friday afternoon ... mostly, I do whatever they tell me to do, which lately has been putting out fires more often than not.

I get to work with a wide range of entities, including government, industry, and research organizations who have requirements to implement a variety of advanced encryption technologies for the protection of voice/data/video over public and private networks. Most of the entities are international, so we play with all sorts of communications modalities.

Truth to tell, it isn't so much what I do that I dislike, as it is the types of entities that I get to work with these days. My personal/political philosophies are coming into conflict with my need to maintain gainful employment, and this is the root of my overall lack of job satisfaction. I'm trying to move (internally) into a position where I'll be doing Project Management in an entirely different discipline, but so far I haven't had a lot of luck.

Anyway, time to go get some chicken wings to take to the end-of-the-world/hurricane/birthday party at our neighbor's house.

Cheers!

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:48 pm   Permalink

(witness the Hawaiian Inn incident).

hahahahahahahahahahhhahahaha You were the only one who didn't witness it!

So what's your Mai Tai recipe?

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation