advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mai-Tai #16 - The Ultimate - Thanks BK!
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 4:13 pm   Permalink

I know ... my own fault. Opiates and alcohol just aren't a good mix for me. I'd say I learned my lesson and that it'll never happen again, but I'd probably be lying. At least I got a good nite of dreamless slumber!

Here's how I was mixing them last night:

2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 oz. Goslings
1 oz. St. James
1 oz. DeKuyper Orange Curacao
oz. Torani Orgeat Syrup
Crushed Ice

Put ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake until shaker frosts, pour into a Tiki Glass, garnish with a sprig of mint and a cherry and pineapple wedge on an umbrella.

The actual measurements became more general about halfway thru, and as stated, the crushed ice had to go once I determined that I could no longer drive the ice crusher without posing a danger to myself or others, but even with approximate measures and whole ice (I know - sacrilege) they were coming out pretty nice.

I made one for Joelle with double ingredients when she got home, and she drank half of it before declaring that it was too strong; so she put the other half in a bottle and stuck it in the fridge. At about 4:00 this afternoon, after working in the backyard all day, and on an empty stomach, she decided to come in, mix some sugar with the remaining mai-tai and drink it to cool off. So, we're now late for the party because things have (predictably) slowed to a crawl. She's trying to do her hair, and has a sort of Tina Turner thing going on right now ... well, you get the idea.

Anyway, should be an interesting evening!

Stay on the beach. The natives over there are cannibals.
They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men.

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation