[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Portland B-Day Party 9/18
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Portland B-Day Party 9/18
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 11:41 am   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on Saturday, September 18th with the christening of our new basement Tiki Bar, the Babu Room. Lots of booze, music and, uh...booze! I'm turning 40 for chrisakes! See info below...Please RSVP if you want to join us.

--David (aka kingslod)

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-14 12:15 ]

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 12:17 pm   Permalink

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-14 12:31 pm   Permalink

best wishes for a very happy birthday! we'll raise a mug to you, at our little party in seattle!

elicia

ps: cool invite: what software and clipart do you use?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 8:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-14 12:31, dogbytes wrote:
best wishes for a very happy birthday! we'll raise a mug to you, at our little party in seattle!
elicia
ps: cool invite: what software and clipart do you use?

Thanks! There are sooo many things happening that night. Oh, well...we'll give you a toast back from Portland!

The software is Adobe Illustrator and the mug image was black and white art from the House Industries Tiki fonts collection that I colorized. Thanks again!

mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:16 pm   Permalink

Kingslod,
Sounds great. I'll be looking forward to the Babu Room's grand opening and lifting a few with you all again.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 3:23 pm   Permalink

Mr. Tikibar! Long time, no see...Lookin' forward to Saturday. From 5-7 there will be a lot of kids about. The bar is still just in phase one. Nowhere near your bar in terms of size or detail. But, it's a start. (No other TC'ers besides Gem and her husband Mark are coming that I know of.)

Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-16 15:24 ]

Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 5:24 pm   Permalink

Oh jeez! I just happened to breeze through and notice this! Kingslod, I'll have to ask Tikitronic & the other TCers at Baron Von Goolo's if we're likely to be free in time to show up-- I'll get back to you!

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 9:33 pm   Permalink

OK, Tikitronic & I will definitely be there (though I would guess that we won't arrive before 7pm)!

He's checking with the rest of the folks tonight, so I'll leave it to them to RSVP.

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-18 10:41 am   Permalink

We're definately in if its not too late!

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 11:42 am   Permalink

I believe Madam Pele and I will be able to join you. It'll be good to see everybody again!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 12:25 pm   Permalink

Hau'oli La Hanau to Kingslod and everyone who also has a Birthday Celebration today!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 11:34 am   Permalink

Kingslod - great party! Thanks for extending the invitation. We had a terrific time, even if your "normal" friends thought the Tiki Central crowd was a little eccentric...

Sorry I missed Mr. Tiki Bar, and it was a shame that the Sparklegem family couldn't make it. Seeing everybody has inspired me to re-activate the NWTC happy hour. We'll do one in November, after Halloween is over oand done with.

Thanks again!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 4:36 pm   Permalink

TikiMaxton and Madame Pele! Thank you for coming, and thanks for the lovely gift! I agree w/you: NWTC Happy Hour...Re-activate! And I will definitely come visit the Haunted House! And I heard something about poker?

Mr. TikiBar, thank you kindly for your presence and present to the Tiki Bar gods. Sailor Jerry's! Tikitronic and Kim thank you so much for joining us and helping me on my quest to get completely smashed. Dr. Tongue (Maori Man?), "Thank you--thank you very much" for the Elvis tiki toy. Hail to the King, baby!

Fortunately, or unfortunately I have some pretty funny pcitures of my downward spiral into oblivion. After all those random drinks, and four 151 shots, I kinda blacked-out. Strange. If I get over the embarrassment, maybe I'll post 'em.

To all, sorry I was makin' those nasty drinks so damn strong!

--Slod, aka David (officially over the hill)

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-09-21 17:28 ]

kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-18 12:25, DawnTiki wrote:
Hau'oli La Hanau to Kingslod and everyone who also has a Birthday Celebration today

Mahalo!!!!

mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 5:06 pm   Permalink

Kingslod,
Yeah, 151 shots have been known to lead to
a few lost memories. My son-in-law and I had to bail early because of earlier drinking and weird behavior. (Ours not yours.) Sounds like
we would have fit right in later on, but we escaped big-time hangovers. Thanks again for your hospitality. Love the Babu Room. I wear my Babu Room button with pride.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation