FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Pix from the first Night of the Seven Pleasures (9-4-04)
Pix from the first Night of the Seven Pleasures (9-4-04)
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-10 7:00 pm   Permalink

Yes, Tiki does live on in MD, too!

Mike and I threw a small get together of primarily people from the MD/DC Tiki board (http://www.marylanddctiki.com/marylandwelcome.htm)
last weekend.

What was originally envisioned as sort of an intimate get together for a few cocktails grew into an initial event for our home bar, The Lounge of the Seven Pleasures.

As you'll see from the pictures, it's still pretty rough, with cloth draped bookcases, that will eventually get doors and my Tiki postcard collection, as one of several examples. But a good time was had despite the nagging details. We just couldn't let another summer go by without having a few friends over.

Everyone pitched in to help, and Will brought homemade syrups for Mai Tais and Navy Grogs he based on what he could reconstruct of Honolulu's recipes, so there are a few pictures of folks comparing drinks made from Dave and Anna's mix to Will's mix. Quite good!

So ultimately, while this may have begun as an event Mike and I decided to throw, the whole MD/DC community co-hosted and made it all possible

The pictures are in the first gallery- "The first ever Night of the Seven Pleasures..."
http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/

Enjoy!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 9:58 pm   Permalink

Black straw.

What fun! Congratulations, I wish I could have been there, it looks like a great time. Will I get to see you guys at Hukilau???

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:07 pm   Permalink

Mike and I will definitely be at Hukilau, and apparently many of the other people pictured will also be joining us.

There will be a definite MD/DC/(VA) contingent.

We're also bringing 2 of our friends along for their first Tiki event, so we're REALLY looking forward to it! In ones and twos we're introducing many of our friends to the Mai Kai.

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-10 10:40 pm   Permalink

If my calculations are correct, 9 of the people at the dinner table in that first photo, including myself, will be at Hukilau.

Sabina and Mike did a great job organizing this event. It was the first gathering of the DC/MD/VA group since our last gathering at the Honolulu in mid-March.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-11 2:02 pm   Permalink

Vern,

did you include Jeff and Siobhan? They'll be there- their first major Tiki event!

Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 4:02 pm   Permalink

looks like a good time.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 6:43 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for sharing what looked to be a wonderful time. I truly enjoyed looking at all of your great pictures in your galleries. I look forward to meeting you at Hukilau for the first time and that crazy kareoke dude ikitnrev again.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation