FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tabu Tiki Nights III: 9/15, Trader Vic's, Chicago
Tabu Tiki Nights III: 9/15, Trader Vic's, Chicago
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-12 9:18 pm   Permalink

September 15:

Tabu Tiki Nights III at Trader Vic's, Chicago!

In celebration of the 70th anniversary of Trader Vic's and the 60th anniversary of the invention of Trader Vic's signature drink - the Mai Tai - Trader Vic's and Tiki Road Trip author James Teitelbaum have teamed up to bring you a monthly celebration featuring exotic drinks, Polynesian performance, sumptuous delicacies and mysterious music!

This month:

Special "Exotica Unplugged" performance from midwest surf-rock legends The Cocktail Preachers.

Hula dancers from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Lei making by Gwen from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Free door prizes courtesy of Surrey Books: new stuff from the artist Shag.

Free door prizes from Mai Tai Magazine: free copies of the 'zine.

Pop art Tiki prints on display from Chicago artist Esqui.

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System (spinning vintage Exotica and Hawaiian music).

Tiki carver Dave from Lake Tiki.

1/2 price Zombies.

Free pupus (appetisers).

The legendary Singapore Symphony drink: served in a pineapple shell and only available at the monthly Tabu Tiki event.

Tabu Tiki Nights will be held the third Wednesday of every month (the further dates planned are: September 15, October 20, November 17).

The island madness begins at 7:00 and lasts until 11:00.

No cover!

It's never too late for Tiki carvers, artisans, and entertainers to arrange to bring their work for display (contact James):
tikibars@yahoo.com

Updated live entertainment schedules and further information can be found on Trader Vic's web site
http://tradervics.com/rest-chicago.html
and the venerable Tiki Bar Review Pages site
http://www.tydirium.net

Trader Vic's is located in the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton at 17 E. Monroe, Chicago, IL, 60603. (312) 917-7317

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-12 10:49 pm   Permalink

What's hot? Coming to Hukilau, you sexy man?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 12:41 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing the Ohana again at Trader Vic's! The lovely Mrs. Lake will be joining me this time! I'll have a few new items on hand... I've been busy lately!

See you all Wednesday night!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 11:28 am   Permalink

I work in the Loop and can be at Trader Vic's by about 5:15 to 5:30. Do you guys need help setting up or anything like that? I'd be glad to help out.

Edit - Crap, my wife's new car came in today, and she REALLY wants to pick it up tonight. See you next month.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki flange on 2004-09-15 13:42 ]

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lissette EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-15 2:24 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Trader Vic's and meeting Mrs. Lakesurfer. EsQui's bringing in some paintings and I'll be bringing purses. I can't wait for Zombies!

View Profile of Lissette EsQui Send a personal message to Lissette EsQui  Goto the website of Lissette EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation