FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki 35mm, 16mm, Super 8 and old Tiki footage wanted for Tiki DVD
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
35mm, 16mm, Super 8 and old Tiki footage wanted for Tiki DVD
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 08:57 am   Permalink

Who has access to old film footage of tiki related things: Hawaii, Polynesia, Trader Vic, Don the Beachcomber and so on?

I would be great to make these things available for the tiki community. We could use it on our Armchair Travelling Tiki DVD.

In case you have vintage Super8 material from you family vaults, we could offer a free transfer to DVD or miniDV for your archive.

www.armchair-travelling.com

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:40 ]

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 10:56 am   Permalink

I have two reels with some tiki gardens footage. I have to edit them as they have other tourist footage on them.

Contact me if you're interested...

I have a friend who has editing equipment, and a transfer set up, so I might be able to do the dirty work on my end.

But it is going to have towait to at least the end of my Florida stormchasing holidy. HOOOK West Ivan!

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 11:40 am   Permalink

Hey, that sounds great. And we will meet at the Hukilau if Ivan allows.

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 5:35 pm   Permalink

I, unfortunately will not be at Hukilau. I am out here to visit family, and visit my ailing father in the hospital.

I will let you know when I've had the chance to get the transfers done.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 12:43 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:48 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 09:07 am   Permalink

King Kukulele showed a old super 8 (I think) from a 1957 trip to the Islands at the last Tiki Taix.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 09:45 am   Permalink

Mogambo,
I have an 8mm home movie of the Mai-Kai show taken in the mid-70's. I found it at an antique shop that was going out of business. It is a fairly long reel.
I also have an 8mm home movie my dad took of the Kodak hula show in Hawaii about 1970. I put both of these on VHS last year, the master turned out pretty good but home-made copies of the master didn't reproduce all that well. If you think you can use the films, I'll bring them to Ft. Lauderdale.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 11:14 am   Permalink

Hi K-Geoff, that is exactly what I was looking for. If you bring the reels to the Hukilau I can offer to make digital copies and send them back to you including a nice crisp backup on a DVD. Which is much better than VHS, of course. That is exciting. I am glad that IVAN goes playing somewhere else.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:40 ]

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

Attention-Attention-Attention
Today the 25th of October 2004, I am posting the very last call for any kind of material that you would like to offer for the making of the "DVD of Tiki". If you think you have rare and exciting film material that you think is worth sharing with the tiki community please hurry an drop us a line within the next 7 days. We have to get this going because postproduction has to move on. The audience cannot wait forever. The release date has been scheduled now for Spring 2005! Please think about it. If you have Super8, Video or simmilar give us notice and we will arrange the rest. This is the last call. Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:23 ]

Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:12 am   Permalink

Aloha, I just returned from a faboulus Tiki Oasis V. Thanks to Otto and Baby Doe for doing such a wonderful thing. Mahalo to all the great people I met.

I was very happy to show a 20min. preview of our DVD project: The DVD of TIKI.

Since we are still editing, here again the call for vintage tiki footage. Who has got Super8 or similar from the 60s etc.

Thanks

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 12:14 pm   Permalink

And very good it was too, well done, good to meet you and we look forward to seeing more.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 01:08 am   Permalink

Finally we are moving with the DVD. Just started steady editing for the next 6 weeks. No more on the side editing. It does not work for this big project.

So here again my urgent question:

Who has access to old film footage of tiki related things: Hawaii, Polynesia, Trader Vic, Don the Beachcomber and so on?

How about the reel from the Maikai?

I would be great to make these things available for the tiki community. We could use it on our Armchair Travelling Tiki DVD.

In case you have vintage Super8 material from you family vaults, we could offer a free transfer to DVD or miniDV for your archive including all shipping costs.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-18 08:07 am   Permalink

What about vhs. Would that work?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 08:12 am   Permalink

Hmm, VHS is not good enough. Do you have vintage tiki footage on VHS? Where is it from?

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 08:52 am   Permalink

I have some home/vacation movies (8mm) that I bought a year or so ago for the sole purpose of finding some vintage tiki/luau footage from back in the day. I bought a projector to view them on as well but it arrived in many pieces so I have not seen them yet. I can't verify that they contain what you are looking for but I've been keeping an eye, albeit a lazy eye, out for a projector so I can watch them.

Some of the titles of the 6 reels I have are:
Feb-March, Hawaii-1968
Florida64-65, Silver Springs
Hawaii-Wailua 70-71
Hawaii 1979

Some are faded/illegible so I can't tell what the label reads. One of the seller's descriptions of one of the reels (the Florida one, I beleive) read something like "luau type party with people drinking". Sounds like fun to me!

PM if interested. I like the transfer to DVD idea but I would need the reels back as well for cutting loops (of waterfalls, volcanos, surfing, etc.) to show on side of neighbors house during parties---makes a great 'backdrop'!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation