FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-13 11:30 am   Permalink

Tikibelle and I will have been married one year on October 11th! Time certainly flies when you're having fun, and the two of us would like to share the fun with you on Saturday, October 9th with a small, intimate cocktail party for about a hundred or so of our close friends.

We've been working hard on the house all year and are ready to open it up to the public. Doctor Z, master of libations and concoctions has kindly agreed to supply a watercooler-full of Chief Lapu Lapu and will probably be taking a stint behind the bar, mixing Mai Tais, etc. It's rumored that Tikibird and Utopian Dream may be bringing some of their famous home-brewed somethin-or-other.

I will be out at the grill as usual, cooking up my famous Spicy Coconut Chicken Skewers and Chile-Lime Shrimp.

Vintage turntables will be spinning. Exotica cds will be random-shuffling. There may even be spontaneous swing-dancing!

Festivities start at 5:00pm and go on till the wee hours of the morning.

Here's where we could use your help:

I'm no good at bartending - my place is out at the grill. And I don't want to stick my good friend Doctor Z behind the bar all night. We need guest bartenders.

If you've got a famous drink you'd like to share with the group and are willing to take a "Guest Spot" behind the bar for an hour, we could sure use your help. As at Doctor Z's party, I'll have most of your
basic alcohols and mixers behind the bar, but if your drink requires a special ingredient, you'll need to bring it. Let me know on this thread or by e-mail or P.M. and I'll add your name to this post as a guest bartender. The more bartenders we get, the easier the job for everybody.

Guest Bartenders So Far
Doctor Z
Ran (kick-the-reverb)
Humuhumu

On Food Contributions
Since I'll be cooking Chicken and Shrimp, I could still use any side dishes, snacks, salads or desserts you'd like to make. If you let me know what you're bringing, I can add it next to your name below, so that others have an idea of what's still needed. Alcohol is also welcome. Again, though - A food donation IS NOT REQUIRED to attend this party. We want to see YOU - so come as you can and don't stress about it.

A Sleepover?!
For those of you travelling far or who do not want to watch your drinking like a Protestant Minister (of which there will be several attending ,) - We have a guest room with a trundle bed, a large futon w/frame in the family room, and plenty of floor space for sleeping bags. We also have room for 3 or 4 tents in the backyard.

So feel free to sleep over for any reason. Maybe we can all hit King's Hawaiian for breakfast in the morning.

Attendees:
Here's the list of confirmed Tiki Central attendees so far. We also have plenty of other friends and family coming as well - And they LIKE Tiki, so don't be afraid. If I neglected to add you to the list, please let me know and I'll put you on forthwith. (I know my faulty brain has already forgotton a few of you):

Doctor Z & Dolphin Tiki
Tiki Bird & Utopian Dream
Vintage Girl & Atomic Cocktail
Kickthereverb - (Ran & Dale)
Humuhumu
Tiki Steve
Bamboo Dude
Al & Shelly
ookoo lady
Hiltiki
Polynesian Pop
ChikiTiki (Tiki Diablo)
The Bongofurys (bringing a cake).
Laney
Trader Pup
Hakalugi
The Velours
christiki295

Possibles:
Sperm Whale
Futura Girl
Tangaroa
==========================================
So please come join my lovely wife and myself and help celebrate what has been for me the happiest, most challenging, and most rewarding year of my life. And wish us many more.

Directions:

From the 405 North or South: Take the 110 (Harbor Frwy) South. Exit at 223rd Street and turn Left. Take 223rd Street for about 5 lights to Grace (light) and turn Right. Take Grace 1 1/2 long blocks to 229th Street. Continue straight one more block (jogging a little to the right) to 229th PLACE. We are at the corner of Grace and 229th Place. Address: 421 229th Place, Carson, CA 90745. There is a Stopsign on the corner and the biggest Eucalyptis Tree you will ever see in our front yard. Looking forward to seeing you!

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-10-08 14:53 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 12:06 pm   Permalink

Congrats Sabu & Tikibelle! Wow, has it already been a year since your wedding??? I'll definitely be there with something for the table.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 1:25 pm   Permalink

Well,happy 1st anniversary,early!I don't believe you've given us the recipe for the chile lime shrimp-please do!If you've already put in the the food and drink section,disregard this part of the post.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-13 8:41 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on your anniversary, and thanks for wanting to share the celebration!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:20 am   Permalink

I'll be there! I'd *love* to be a guest bartender, if you'll have me. I don't have a special drink, but if you want to pick something out of the Grog Log or Intoxica, I'll make sure I have it down before the party. At Dr. Z's party, I made a few Mai Tais and Beachbum's Owns, and no one spit them out. People *were* pretty drunk by that point, tho.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2004-09-22 2:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Humuhumu!

We'd *Love* to have you guest-bartend. It wouldn't be a party without you!

Take a look folks - the talent is assembling.

Ran (kick_the_reverb) has graciously offered to mix his famous "Reverb Crash" for the guests.

Humuhumu has also graciously offered to mix mai-tais and Beachbum's Owns for us.

The guests have been RSVP'ing. I've begun stocking up on the alcohol. It looks like quite a party is shaping up here. We look forward to seeing you all. Who else can we expect?

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-09-22 14:51 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 4:44 pm   Permalink

count me in, I would love to come

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 8:14 pm   Permalink

Bump.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:35 pm   Permalink

in

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 8:18 pm   Permalink

Alright everybody, this is coming up next weekend! What can I bring?

ookoo

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2004-10-04 4:53 pm   Permalink

Ok - down to the final stretch!

I've updated the first post with a list of attendees so far - so please let me know if you're not on the list.

I've also addressed the question of food donations that so many of you have been graciously concerned about. In short, we can use side dishes, salads, snacks, and desserts of ANY kind. If you let me know what you're bringing, I'll even add it next to your name so that others can see what's already been covered.

We do also have possibilities of a SLEEP-OVER. See the first post for details.

Thanks again to all who have RSVP'd so far. It looks like it's going to be a Smashing Good Party!

Sabu

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-10-04 6:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha........I will bring .........Mrs. Fury........she will bring .......a cake......................O.K?

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2004-10-04 6:17 pm   Permalink

Excellent, Bongofurys! Sounds good. Thanks.

PiPhiRho

Posted: 2004-10-05 12:45 am   Permalink

I'm in. I'll also offer to lend a hand at the bar if needed. I'm not going to mix any particular drink, though. I'll do mojitos, mai tais, zombies, whatever.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 11:50 pm   Permalink

The Velours will be there!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation