FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sabu & Tikibelle's One-Year Aniversary Tiki Cocktail Party - October 9th
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 4:47 pm   Permalink

Sabuuuuuuuuuuuuu! (and TikiBelle!)

I don't have the original "party link" that you two originally emailed! Do you have room for one more person?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 12:05 pm   Permalink

ya?????? me too

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-09 12:21 pm   Permalink

hey... from lack of sleep, lack of good sharpie, and lack of judgment... i didn't sign any of my #13 mug's i sold in long bch... bring yours and i will sign it and also bring the numbered tag.

see you tonight

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-09 3:08 pm   Permalink

Count me in - MonkeyBoy has to work, but is mixing up a batch of our house drink for me to bring along!

Anyone going from the general downtown LA area that might want to carpool?

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 02:21 am   Permalink

What a great party, after a few Dr.Z. mai tais there was no pain and life was just great. I met a lot of new TCers and had fun. Thank you Sabu and Tikibelle for a great party. Oh, lets not forget delicious, chicken and shrimp, specialty of the house.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 2:30 pm   Permalink

Thank you guys for a lovely evening and congratulations on your first year of wedded bliss.

i think we need to have more record listening parties! that was fun - i wish i wasn't so sleepy. i could have stayed for a few more hours having sabu expose our ears to sea world and other delights!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 4:44 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:08 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 7:49 pm   Permalink

Most notable quote of the evening overheard at the bar while Dr.Z was mixing:

"Remember the last time you made me a drink, I sucked on it for three hours and I was still completely smashed!"

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 9:55 pm   Permalink

Sabu, Thank you & Tikibelle for a wonderful tiki evening!

I am still misty eyed everytime I think you saving that incredible hanging tiki lamp from the late tikibar in Wisconson.

You are the ultimate host - whether ensuring that your guests (even the late arriving ones) tasted the superb barbque shrimp, continuously manning the barbque for your delicious spicy coconut chicken or traveling to the flower mart for tea leaves for the ultimate pupu serving platter, your tiki aloha shined throughout!

Kickthereverb - Your smashing, award-winnng cocktails are worthy of all acolades and you are a tireless bartender.

Floratina, the soft strains of you playing the ukelele will hardly do until you can play an entire song.

Doctor Z, thank you for instructing me that there are more ways than one to spell agua.

LAWebChick, I love the flora dress & I look forward to receiving that link.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 10:32 pm   Permalink

Sabu and Tikibelle...thank you so much for welcoming me into your home, and being such awesome hosts! Yes...I drank too much, but could never, ever, get too much of that wonderful spicy coconut chicken stuff. I was actually disappointed when UtopianDream handed me a skewer of barbequed shrimp...one of my favs...go figure!!

Being the first TC party I've been able to attend, I am so humbled by all the good people I met. I had to leave early...stupid thing about having to work today...and I know I didn't properly excuse myself, so to everyone I met, and especially to Sabu and Tikibelle, I just want to say what an awesome group you all are, I am happy, happy, happy. May Boo karma be with you all!

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-10 10:48 pm   Permalink

Sabu and Tikibelle, we had a great time. Thanks so much for hosting a such a cool party. You guys have a great house for this type of scene, and I hope you invite us all back again when the remodeling is done. Besides hanging out with all the TC people, it was fun seeing your collection and selection of tiki artifacts. What an amazing record collection! Of course the food and drinks were fabulous, too. Anyway, here's a link to a few photos. See you soon!

http://www.mutantqueens.com/sabu_and_tikibell_2004.htm

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:30 am   Permalink

here's some magic moments

old fresh meet for the Sabu' BBQ

second shift- mad reverberations behind the bar

behind every great man...

the "Lime Levitators"
first place... the power of the skull

behind every..... "he's just getting started!"

second place... teem effort

third place... laser eyes strikes again

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-10-11 00:32 ]

Beatnikine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-11 09:21 am   Permalink

I had the strangest dream...

Two people opened up their home to me and and made the most awsome chicken kabobs I've ever had... a few beach bum's later (not to mention a Reverb Crash) I had my hands on a ukulele, downed a few bags of remedy and then vintagegirl almost killed me in my own car. All in all, it was the most fun I've had in years.

Sabu and Tikibelle, I never knew what the phrase "aloha spirit" meant - you guys are wonderful! Congratulations on your first year of marriage!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Beatnikine on 2004-10-11 09:36 ]

View Profile of Beatnikine Send a personal message to Beatnikine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 09:39 am   Permalink

Thanks for everything Sabu and Tikibelle, Utopiandreem & i had a great time. Also thanks to Dr. Z. & Kick the Reverb for the drinks, & Dale for finding my tiki necklace.

What a great time, didnt get home till around 3am!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:07 pm   Permalink

Well - sounds like we missed a great party! We will definately make the next one....

Congrats to Sabu & Tikibelle!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation