FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » hukilau: who's going?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
hukilau: who's going?
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-09-15 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-15 13:38, monkeyskull wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-14 23:44, martiki wrote:
Can we start some kind of Mar-Cabana rivalry?
Cause all I know is that the Cabana kicks ass.

I will be there! Now, as for my stay in the Bahamas in the days preceding Hukilau, that's looking more than a little bleak.

P.S. I'll be at the Mar. I've heard that Bahai Mar folks may be a bit above common rough-housing of Bahai Cabana hoi polloi -- that they're sort of the Jimmy Buffet to our Martin Denny. So we'd probably be defeated in a contest of brute strength, but in a battle of wits and refinement (say a baseball trivia contest) we would surely reign mo'i.

Fightin' words, monkey boy. Fightin' words.

Keep your baseball trivia. Try testing the Cabana crew on something important, like mixology. We got Z, Al, thejab, BK and li'l ol' me in the Cabana.

Mug making? Holden & Frank are in the house!

Mug trivia? Nope, we got the Duke.

Building Bars? Let me just say, "Arrrrr!"

Smiley face collections? Sorted.

"It's already been broughten!"

(please remember these posts are to be taken lightly.)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-15 14:26, pablus wrote:

Falernum tasting - who the heck knows when it's taking place? I'd say we need a short list after seeing what happened at Dr. Z's Mai Tai blitzkrieg.

Would this be a good time to bring out my Absinth? Doc Z & J$ are on the top of the list at the moment.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 4:11 pm   Permalink

I think that would be a fine time to break out the absynth, Tikiwahine

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 5:42 pm   Permalink

If there is going to be a mix off with the Bahia Mar-tians, Watch out, Al and Shelley are in the Cabana!

Pablus, thanks for your offer, I think I'll take you up on that!

Sugar, Al and I are on your flight!

Tiki Bob is also staying at the Cabana.

Okohole Maluna!
Shell in the Pacific,
returns to the Atlantic!

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-15 6:12 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-09-22 13:08 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:01 pm   Permalink

P.S. I'll be at the Mar. I've heard that Bahai Mar folks may be a bit above common rough-housing of Bahai Cabana hoi polloi -- that they're sort of the Jimmy Buffet to our Martin Denny. So we'd probably be defeated in a contest of brute strength, but in a battle of wits and refinement (say a baseball trivia contest) we would surely reign mo'i.

[/quote]

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

(how anal can you get?!!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:19 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-09-15 15:12, Tikiwahine wrote:
Quote:

Would this be a good time to bring out my Absinth? Doc Z & J$ are on the top of the list at the moment.

Dang always forgetting me TW!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:20 pm   Permalink

I can promise you that I'll be there physically, but I can’t promise any mental coherence (at least not after midnight )
I'll be arriving with my fiancé around noon on the 22 and I'm staying at the Bahia Mar. With the friendly rivalry aside, I just want to say I don't care where you're from or where you're staying, I just want to drink with all of you and take lots of pictures we'll all regret two weeks later when they start popping up on the forums.
I'll also be on the dinner cruise and am at the first dinner show at the Mai Kai. I can't wait to meet you all. What do you all do when he get together, wear those HELLO MY NAME IS ________ stickers?

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 10:47 pm   Permalink

Myself and the Lovely Princess Kukana are scheduled to be in the Bahia Cabana until Sunday morning. I have promised her, too, that I will try my very best not to get us kicked out ahead of that schedule. Yeah, right!

Can't wait!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez

Posted: 2004-09-15 11:34 pm   Permalink

Hello all...
We'll be at the Cabana.
May bring the bar, but more than likely just the alcohol. Thinking about leaving my liver at home for it's own good. Maybe it will fit in a wall safe?
Trying to find all my duplicate mugs and other stuff for the room-hopping, as well as the more painful of my hawaiian shirts...
Pablus, just a sip of Falernum is all I ask...

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:09 am   Permalink

Thanks to Holden for the room at Bahia Cabana, I will be arriving with Chikitiki, TikiTony, and other Pacific Coast Bachelors for the weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 07:03 am   Permalink

español lesson for the day:

bahia cabaña = bay cabin
bahia mar = bay sea

p.s. to tikiwahine: yay!

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-09-16 07:45 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 08:59 am   Permalink

I have two electric ice crushers. One is a serious deal that I think is made by Asplundh, and the other is a high capcaity deal. I gave up the hand crank versions a while back. Fun for a second, then, when you have 4 guests and need a cooler full of crushed ice, you get over it!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:38 pm   Permalink

Swanky, electric sounds pretty cool! AND you can bring it with you!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-09-16 13:02 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 1:10 pm   Permalink

A few things to remember:

They have good food at the Bahia Cabana and a bunch of it before you drink will make life a lot better the next day.

We have over half the hotel rooms for Hukilau, but that means maybe 30 are other people, namely Miami Dolphin fans. They are there to party too, but don't assume everyone there is ohana. Watch that open door party.

Pretty much after midnight, the party is at the Cabana I think. We can't have the bands play after midnight, but I think ukes and bongos around the courtyard is good all night.

Our beloved Casey Jones and Caliente Tropics Resort has created IDs for everyone! You'll need to write your TC handle on there, but they are a great plus for us all. Seek them out on Thursday with Casey or Kiliki or me.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation