FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Bad Taste?
Bad Taste?
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 12:04 pm   Permalink

I must have the worst taste ever! If you don't know, I collect lamps. When I get a new one and someone says "that's the ugliest lamp ever" It's ususally one of my favorites.

As further proof, I look forward to "Regis and Kelly's Ugliest Couch contest" Is it wrong that I think the couches featured are beautiful?

I saw it this morning and #2 and #3 were so cool! #1 was the winner and my least favorite, too. But the other two were awesome!

I think my couch made of whiskey barrels would fit right in with what they call "ugly" but I love it!

Here's the previous winners (couldn't find pics of this years contestants)
http://www.surefit.net/ucc2004/ucc2004_prevwinners.cfm
I love them all except the blue and white number. The crown one is the best. What I wouldn't give to have that baby.
Sorry to say but I fear there may be a Witco couch in this contest some day.

My ugly couch contest would be filled with all the new, boring, massproduced, unimaginative crap found in the model homes being plastered up all over! Yuck!

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-09-15 12:07 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 12:11 pm   Permalink

one only needs to talk to someone who decides what "good taste" is to see how distasteful it is

a majority of my professors at architecture school were pretty hateful and sour people...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 12:13 pm   Permalink

Here's another site with some ugly and (I think) not so ugly couches. It has a great pic of the crown couch with someone sitting on it. It's huge! Scroll down and Check out how cool #5 is too!
http://www.norwoodmall.com/ugly/index.html

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 1:22 pm   Permalink

1997's winner, from your first post, does it for me in a big way! Some of those couches are gems!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Curse of the Undead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-15 1:43 pm   Permalink

Laney:
i dig cool old lamps as well. It's amazing what you can find at auctions in PA. I dig old pinball machines too.

Speaking of bad taste, I just got a vintage apron with a cocktail waitress on it and "what's your pleasure ?" She is toppless and has fake foam breasts sewn on at the appropriate spots....

View Profile of Curse of the Undead Send a personal message to Curse of the Undead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 5:29 pm   Permalink

My vote is for the 1995 sectional. That sucker could sleep my whole family comfortably.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 5:31 pm   Permalink

Oh, wait a minute..... I didn't see the 2001 one with chains. That thing is too cool for words!

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 7:50 pm   Permalink

Laney-Chicago used to have the laamp neighborhod-cabbies would point out to folks the crazy lamps that were prominantly displayed in their front windwows,ala "A Christmas Story"-too crazy!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 7:53 pm   Permalink

Laney-Chicago used to have the laamp neighborhod-cabbies would point out to folks the crazy lamps that were prominantly displayed in their front windwows,ala "A Christmas Story"-too crazy!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

docwoods
Tiki Socialite

docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-15 8:16 pm   Permalink

Hey doc, I think ya need a drink. Your trigger finger's got a bad case of the shakes.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation