FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau - who's not going?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
hukilau - who's not going?
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 12:31 pm   Permalink

Name: Freddie Freelance

Excuse(s): My boss is in Hawaii that week & the next and I gotta run things around here. Plus I need to save vacation time for "Winter Break," my car's being really expensive right now and my rent's going up next month (second time in a year), I'm up for a new position at work that requires extra training on my part, and that weekend's our turn to have our Gran'Daughter.

Consolation(s): the 21st is my 40th Birthday, so I'm going to Bali Hai for dinner this weekend & King's Hawaiian Bakery for Breakfast next weekend, and I'm going to try to fit in a trip to the Bahooka, too. Plus, I'm spending the "Winter Break" on my lil' piece o' land in San Filipe, Baja, if I get that new position my salary'll almost double, and my Gran'Daughter is the light of my life.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 1:14 pm   Permalink

I am sorry, but money is not a good excuse. It is an excuse, but hey, it's been a year in the making. You should have been saving all this time!

I understand though. I can't afford to go myself!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 1:22 pm   Permalink

Excuse :

1. Poor Planning
2. No money, due to poor planning

We'll start planning for next year early.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 2:22 pm   Permalink

No excuses...just sad to miss Billy Mure!

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-16 5:37 pm   Permalink

I understand the financial and timing thing. There are still good fares besides JetBlue. I was not sure I could get away until a few days ago, then booked with American Airlines out of LAX for 196.00 round trip including all taxes and fees!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 5:45 pm   Permalink

Name: MachTiki

Excuse: Money & my band was already booked for that weekend (oh hell, we're booked almost every weekend). BUT, I am NOT missing the Oasis.

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2004-09-17 17:13 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 8:55 pm   Permalink

Last time I was in FLA, hurricane Andrew had to show up too. I figure I'm acting as an anti-hurricane counter-balance by staying on the west coast.
I'll be here applying earthquake wax to all breakable stuff.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 11:37 pm   Permalink

NAME: Shipwreck Joey

EXCUSE: WORK, WORK, WORK...I got ships to build fer cris sakes! Don't ya know there's a war on?

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-17 12:55 am   Permalink

Excuse: Major work deadline at the end of the month...I'll be sweatin' and figgitin' and drinkin' coffee like mad in my sterile gray government issue cubical. I'll be thinking of everyone at Hukilau and keeping my fingers crossed for good weather in Florida and everyone's safe return home.

Consolation: Celebrating the end of my major deadline with a couple of friends and ice cold mojitos on the lakeshore.

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 07:59 am   Permalink

My wonderful wife for 3 months said "just go, be with your friends" almost everyday.
I keep saying "no" we have done too much stuff already, spent too much money, work is going crazy!
(trying to land a house that will cost 12 million just to build)
So finally I break and get on Jet Blue to get my flight(just a week ago) and she says "hey, what's that date again"
Blah blah
"Oh sorry, that's my Sister's wedding"
At least I get to spend the day with my Sister-in-law who has always been mean to me and her future Husband who I can't seem to say more than two words to.
All in all going anywhere with my Wife and kids is better than going anywhere without.
So there, not so sad after all.
Have fun everybody!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 12:45 pm   Permalink

Name: Urban Tiki

Excuse: I recently joined TC and just heard about it. Not enough time to arrange things at work, etc. Will definitely be there next year!

Consolation: Thank the gods I found TC- My world of tiki is expanding rapidly thanks to TC and all the good folks here.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 1:07 pm   Permalink

Name: DawnTiki

Excuse: I'm a flake

Consolation: Sadly my arrest record will still be squeaky clean...my appologies to my partner in crime, I sure was looking forward to that water taxi excursion

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-09-17 13:44 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 5:29 pm   Permalink

WAAAH!

I want to be there... I have to stay here because I'm so swamped with work. I'm self-employed with no employees. Been slaving away on Christmas orders since the beginning of July. I might finish them in time for next years party at this rate.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 10:54 pm   Permalink

Name:

The "Big Kahuna"

Excuse:

I have to work the store while the Boo's are away at Hukilau.

Consolation:

I think I will have a 50% off sale on Art, Furniture and Tiki Bars, Hukilau weekend. 9/25 and 9/26, for those locals who can't attend.

Come on in and introduce yourself. If you're ever in Waikiki, I hang at the banyan tree in front of the Sheraton. We are the tree people!

Dictation by Bamboo Ben. Voice by the "Big Kahuna."

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:39 pm   Permalink

Ain't goin'. Gotta run the office while SCD's away & savin' my dough for my forthcoming wedding in November in Maui. I'm bummed that I can't make it.
Mahaloz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation