FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau - who's not going?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
hukilau - who's not going?
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 08:23 am   Permalink

Name: kick_the_reverb

Excuse: Had to travel here to get my parents' firm pass an ISO 9000 QA audit. Which is, incidentaly, tomorrow. It means that theoreticaly I could have made it (as a stop-over on my way home), but there were no flights. Oh - also, financial difficulties.

Consolation: Seeing my family and friends, getting to play a gig with my old band.
Maybe next year?

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 2:01 pm   Permalink

Name: Sweetpea

Excuse: 17th annual Rockabilly ball, always the last weekend in September. Bands and visitors from all over. Gotta house and feed random cool rockabilly folks...

Consolation: 3 nights of rockin tunes from some Super Rockabilly Bands, many frosty malt beverages, and tons of dancin'.

Y'all have fun.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Makoto

Posted: 2004-09-20 3:08 pm   Permalink

Name: Makoto

Excuse: Gigs booked on the 24th and 25th. Actually taking a day off of my "real" job to do them.

Consolation: I'm heading to Chicago for the weekend of 10/9, then down to Atlanta the very next weekend. Two consecutive Trader Vic's, with Hala Kahiki hopefully thrown into the mix. Huzzah!

View Profile of Makoto Send a personal message to Makoto  Email Makoto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 3:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-19 22:39, smogbreather wrote:
... savin' my dough for my forthcoming wedding in November in Maui...

Mahaloz,
Holden

Congratulations Holden! Best of luck to the both of you.
Of course, we expect that there will be a new mug to commemorate the wonderful event.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 4:39 pm   Permalink

Name: Trader Woody

Excuse: Scared of hurricanes. Well, really the fact I live too far away and there are so many Tiki events happening these days that it's difficult to pick a particular one out.

Consolation: I'm off to the Wild Weekend in Spain (yet another Tiki themed event) in November, Venice in December (not sure about finding Tiki there) and Berlin early next year to visit Vic's and the Tabou.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Excuse: My wife is 8 months pregnant with our second and final child and is due on October 10th.

[i]JohnTiki

Congrats John, I didn't know.
My Turn
Name: TURBOgod

Excuse: Planned on it. Then found out my daughter was a flowergirl in a wedding, cancelled, found out she wasn't going to be in it after all, work has gotten steadily busier, wife in nursing school, one child starting school, could've used the break, next year hopefully! Plus already too many people from the MD VA area named Chris attending, could get confusing. hah!

Consolation: Less people on Ebay this weekend.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
isaca
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-20 7:10 pm   Permalink

I'm going to the Rockaround and I can't wait to have big Vegas fun!! Anyone else going?

[ This Message was edited by: isaca on 2004-09-20 19:11 ]

View Profile of isaca Send a personal message to isaca  Email isaca     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation