FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New mugs for the Kon Tiki!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New mugs for the Kon Tiki!!
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 4:28 pm   Permalink

Love that new bowl.
That's very exciting news about The KonTiki.
I was there 6 or 7 years ago, and seemed in need of some revitalization back then. I'm wondering if ownership has changed hands since then, or if they finally realized what they had.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 06:41 am   Permalink

Looking at that bowl all I could think was "wouldn't it be cool if there were little pockets in the Tikis heads for dry ice?"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 09:22 am   Permalink

Freddie,
What a cool idea!!! I second that! Dry ice would make it even more exotic looking!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 02:59 am   Permalink

Was this bowl ever actually produced? I know about the new small and large mugs and the X-eyed one that was used in the interum, but have seen no references to this bowl existing yet. Thanks!

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 12:11 pm   Permalink

I haven't heard anything more about the bowl either. My wife was in Tucson last week on business and when to Kon Tiki to pick up a mug for me. The only mug they had was the Tiki Farm X-Eyes with the Kon Tiki logo printed on the back. There were no "custom" mugs available. I thought that Tiki Farm was working on multiple new mugs and the bowl for Kon Tiki. Does anyone have any more news on them?

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 4:28 pm   Permalink

Anyone heard any updates on the new bowl for Kon Tiki? I have a couple of friends on standby to grab one for me as soon as they are released. Thanks!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 09:51 am   Permalink

I was wondering that myself. Its been a while since we all last heard about them. Anyone out there know! The wife and I are planning a Tucson trip to see family next month.

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 10:05 am   Permalink

No word yet? I was in Tucson for the Labor Day weekend and, naturally stopped by KT. They're new drink menu showed a picture of the their new bowl, but they didn't have it yet. Any word on release date?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-19 11:04 am   Permalink

That's going to be a SWEET Set Holden. Leave it to you and Tiki Farm to keep the tiki world supplied with quality stuff. Can't wait to see the rest.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 09:47 am   Permalink

OK, so I was just up on Humuhumu's OogaMooga.com and noticed that she has a new tiki mug from the Kon Tiki that looks like it was inspired by one of the tikis in the restaurant/bar. So, does that mean that the Kon Tiki is actually offering this mug NOW? If so, I definately want to get one. AND I'm still salivating over that long promised bowl from Tiki Farm for the Kon Tiki!!!!!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 10:43 am   Permalink

I got my tiki mug/shot set in the mail as a gift from the lovely folks at Tiki Farm, so I can't say for sure, but yeah, I think they're selling those mugs at the Kon Tiki now. Call to double check, of course.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation