[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Higi Tiki
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Higi Tiki
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 11:56 am   Permalink

My 3 latest carving, all mahogony 2 - 18 inch, one 12 inch. All hand done, no power tools (because I fear them). A Tiki Bob recreation, a Tiki Bob Tribute holds 1 mug on top with a Ragin' Rarotonga holding the plate, all one piece, and a Moai

"No Cobalt Blue mug For You!"

Hurricane Charlie's winds blowing on my vintage crying Tiki candle while the lights were out.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 12:06 pm   Permalink

I would swear that was a real tiki bob mug.
Very beautiful work my friend.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 12:45 pm   Permalink

McD! SWEET DADDY MOAI!! Those are most excellent man. Two days and the rum is on me! See you soon for lunch.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 1:09 pm   Permalink

Wow, McDougal, those are nice. I remember seeing that moai when I first started brousing TC, but couldn't remember who did it. Your work is really excellent - smooth, proportional, and couldn't be more accurate. That moai has a great design with an attitude to boot. The finish on that mahogany is perfect! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 1:34 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah! That is the tiki bob mug shrine I commissioned from Tim that I will be picking up on Friday at Hukilau. The bob mug will sit atop the Rarotongan holding the plate. Kick ass! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 2:30 pm   Permalink

Higgi, what have you been doing? these are superb and seem more advanced than your last posts. Really nice job. See you in HukiLau.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 2:39 pm   Permalink

I was going to say, I thought the kooky upsidown woman was really great, and unique...but that was the back of the ritsideup blokes huevos...Still...very nice.

The wood loos great.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-21 3:32 pm   Permalink

Great work as usual. That Moai is really cool! I get alot of comments on the pendant I got from you. I will be sure to wear it at Hulilau.

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 3:37 pm   Permalink

These are lovely, Higi. I'm proud to own one of your moai pieces.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 3:43 pm   Permalink

Holy Smokes! Those are fantastic!!!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 7:20 pm   Permalink

excellent work....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 10:22 pm   Permalink

Good God, man... your stuff has "bad mutha fucka" written all over it!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 6:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks Unga, Ben, Sam, AtomicChick, Kahaka and Gigantalope your praise means alot to me. Aaron, thanks, this is a different Moai though. Toa see you Tommorow, RR and Mo see you Friday!

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 7:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:21 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 7:34 pm   Permalink

Sweet work, I'm going to have to get me one of those Tiki Bob's since it looks like I'm never going to find a real one in the wild.

See ya at Hukilau.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation