FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Radical Reptile, Hobby City (Anaheim), (store)
Radical Reptile, Hobby City (Anaheim), (store)
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 7:08 pm   Permalink

Name:Radical Reptile
Type:store
Street:Beach Blvd.
City:Hobby City (Anaheim)
State:
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
This reptile store is located at Hobby City in Anaheim, CA. I remembered this place as a kid (I think it was a jewlery store) with the Tikis out front and decided to stop by to see if they were still there. Blammo! There they were. The Tikis are about 6' tall. I went inside and there are no other tikis on the premises. These Tikis must be at least 30 years old. They are painted and are actualy realy cool. Maybe some of my O.C. brethren will have some more info....?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 7:24 pm   Permalink

A store where you can stock up on tarantulas and "reptile parties?" AND look at tikis? Wow. You people in Anaheim have it made in the shade.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 10:33 pm   Permalink

They look like the work of Milan Guanko to me.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 8:39 pm   Permalink

I remember that place! It was where rock-hounds could get accoutrements to make jewelery. My mom would go there and get stuff to make cowboy bolo's for christmas gift's...howdy howdy howdy.

great sleuthing, thanks for the post!

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 9:13 pm   Permalink

I was pretty sure it was a jewelry store, thanks for confirming Gigantalope! I used to ride my bike there as a tot, I hope my mom doesn't see this, she'd tan my hide!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 7:31 pm   Permalink

The first time I saw this place, it was a Luau supply type store, that was back in the early 90s, the next time I went back it was a shell shop.
Those are most certainly Milan Guankos (tikijackalope you know your carvers)
and I have a few pictures (someplace) before they had the extra paint.

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 4:40 pm   Permalink

I had my kid's birthday party there just so I could stand outside and stare at the glorious TIKIS.(Bosko posts on TIKI CENTRAL?...I knew this was a classy joint.)

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 4:34 pm   Permalink

There used to be (early 90's?) store near it in Hobby City that sold only cake decorating accessories. They had a huge assortment of miniatures for cakes and that was the only place that I could find tiki items for cakes, mini tikis, palm trees, seashells, hibiscus candy forming trays, etc.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation