Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Monkeys with fez's
Monkeys with fez's
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 05:19 am   Permalink

Who out there are the "monkey with fez's" types?? I know I've seen many posts making reference but could not find on the search. I was in a small, crappy shop at the local mall Sunday and what should I stumble across but a playing card box with two monkeys playing poker, both wearing the appropriate head gear. I asked to see it and was also shown an approximately 16" X 12" oval mirror with two monkeys holding the frame that looked like a coiled rope.
Both items were the best items in this shop. Card box was $25 and the mirror was $45. They said they are a big seller for them. Anyone interested (I know your out there) drop me a line for shop location.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 12:40 am   Permalink

All you monkey in fez people check this desktop pattern out.

http://www.pixelpoke.com/FREE%20PIXELS_desktops1.html

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2002-09-19 00:41 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-21 06:54 am   Permalink

I know there are "fezzers" out there. Wha happen? I know I copied Turbogods desktop (thanks TG) shot and I'm not really big on them. For those who care or don't the location is as follows:

Great Stuff
1196 Galleria at Tyler
Riverside, CA 92503
909 688-1317

Tell them Trustar sent ya

T

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thecardcheat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-04 6:37 pm   Permalink

You know,
monkeys are always good. and you can never go wrong with a fez . So a monkey wearing a fez.........Come on!!

View Profile of thecardcheat Send a personal message to thecardcheat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-07 05:39 am   Permalink

I finally managed to sneak a monkey with a fez into and ad I wrote... when it runs (sorry only Canadian newspapers) I will scan a copy and show you all!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 10:07 pm   Permalink

trustar,

See my post "they just don't make 'em that any more" on beyond tiki for more monkey w/ fez material.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-25 06:31 am   Permalink

OK, so the client decided monkeys in Fezzes were too weird for their brand, but I did manage to sneak a red fez-shaped lampshade on this monkey lamp just for my own inside joke. Got the monkey lamp on Ebay - not sure if the contest is still open to win it though! The monkey to the left on this webpage is the small version of the ads that ran in the subways.

http://www.telusmobility.com/

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-25 11:15 am   Permalink

Tikifish, are you teh genius behind the Telus monkey campaign? Or one of many such geniuses? Mrs. emspace and I LOVE those ads SO MUCH! The TV ones, the posters and billboards...I thought the penguin and the hip-hoppin' chameleon were amazing, but once they went whole-hog monkey (or maybe that's just "whole-monkey") at Christmas, I was over the moon.

It's true: MONKEYS RULE! As thecardcheat said,
Quote:

You know,
monkeys are always good.

aloha,
emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 09:59 am   Permalink

Yeah, that's me! I worte all the Telus monkey stuff. My partner and I came on board last year so I can't claim the penguins, that was my friends stuff, but the Monkeys are pure Tikifish! Glad you like it.

By the way, that monkey peed in my eye!

As the trainer said, in his wisdom - "when the monkey's up above you, DON'T LOOK UP". Some sage advice that came too late.

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-26 11:37 am   Permalink

Well, I can't tell you how much joy those little peeing monkeys have given us. You rock! Gladys thinks so too...
aloha,
em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hoahele Howard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-02 9:38 pm   Permalink

Back before I became a dad and all of the free time got sucked out of my life, I ran a website called Mad Science Laboratories. Besides angering people by pretending to actually run the Schrödenger's Cat experiment, my friend and I distributed icons we made there.

One of my first sets had a money with a fez, based on a candle sold by Archie McPhee.

I also did these, which are appropriate for this site:

Monkey with fezes are the best because a) monkeys are funny, b) fezes are funny, so therefore monkey with fezes are atom-splittingly funny.

[ This Message was edited by: Hoahele Howard on 2003-02-02 21:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hoahele Howard on 2003-02-02 21:40 ]

View Profile of Hoahele Howard Send a personal message to Hoahele Howard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-04 11:11 am   Permalink

I am TOTALLY a monkey with fez person. I didn't know there were others with this fascination.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-04 11:11 am   Permalink

I am TOTALLY a monkey with fez person. I didn't know there were others with this fascination.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-07 10:21 pm   Permalink

L.L.
Totally agree with your position on monkeys with fezes. You sound like your a little bit disenchanted with parenthood (as was I when the first little bundle arrived). I still continued to live a semi-normal life, trying to incorporate the new arrival into the family routine. At first my child didn't like hanging out at Barney's Beanery & the Starwood until 2:00 in the morning, but he eventually adjusted and today he's a happy, healthly bass player in a respected heavy metal grind core band!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation