FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:31 am   Permalink

Tonight is the premiere of the new series, LOST.

My wife wants to go to a friend's house and watch it with a bunch of people who are having a LOST party, and I need a way to ensure my interest. So, I figure what better way than to make a drinking game out of it.

A tropical island disaster series should provide some sort of drinking prompt, like when Gilligan used to yell, "Skipper" everyone does a shooter, or whenever someone used to say, "Hi, Bob" on the Bob Newhart Show, everyone took a drink of something.

They probably won't kill people fast enough to use that as a drinking cue, what else might work?

What would be a good drinking prompt to choose before ever seeing a show?

Also...

The previews bring up some points for speculation:

1) How many episodes until someone says, "That crash was no accident"??

2) How many people from the plane will still be alive at the end of the season?

I think they are starting out with 48 surviving passengers, as a reference.

Not sure how to score it, but there must be a way to add those answers to a drinking session, as well.

Anyway, cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-09-22 11:35 ]

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:50 am   Permalink

How about every time someone screams you have to slam a shot.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 2:33 pm   Permalink

What say you take a drink when anyone says:we have to pull together people!-we have to work as a team!there is no I in team!-we've got think outside the box!-we're all in this together!,etc.You ought to be sloshed by the first commercial break.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 2:52 pm   Permalink

You two have killer minds!

My kids used to watch those Land Before Time movies and there was a triceratops named Sarah whose main contribution to the soundtrack was a shrill scream. I used to think of that as an irritation, now I should dig up those old tapes and party!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 9:29 pm   Permalink

So. How was it? I was going to watch it and I missed it getting ready for the trip.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 08:12 am   Permalink

I quite enjoyed it. I'm not usually into dramas but this was pretty good. Cheesy acting, but the 'lost on an remote island' theme made up for it in my eyes. It's kind of a cross between 'Survivor' and 'The Village'.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 08:51 am   Permalink

Well, the fates deemed me unworthy of getting to see it.

Anybody see any good drinking cues or idiosynchrosies?

They are doing a two hour rerun on October 2nd - maybe I can be better prepared.

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 11:54 am   Permalink

How about a drink everytime there's a shaky hand-held camera for no reason? If there's a volcanic eruption, okay. Air turbulence, sure. What was up when they were in the cockpit section? It's the "create more tension by waving the camera around" method of storytelling. You'll be passed out by the first commercial break.

All in all, kinda interesting if not wholly compelling. Seeing as it's from the creator of "Alias", I see many flashbacks to what actually happened on the plane and a slow loss of lives and/or the eventual discovery of a secret government military ninja-attack-dinosaur training camp.

Which reminds me, did anyone see that proposed script for Jurassic Park 4? The one about the secret government training facility for ninja attack dinosaurs? I'm totally serious.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-23 12:36 pm   Permalink

I ended up watching this last night out of curiosity.
it very much has a jurassic park-like feel to it, especially with the "stomp.... stomp" sound (I watch it in Closed Captioning). I'm surprised we didn't see a small glass of water or pond with ripples during the stomping. Is that trademarked?

I don't know about a drinking game, but everytime I felt the stage direction "character stares enigmatically into the distance" or "character says or does something suspicious" (e.g., what was up with the Japanese couple??) was too palpable and arbitrary, I know I sure felt like drinking.

it reminds me from a line from a really bad movie (natty gan?): "the music you just played may not be the blues, but it sure made me feel sad..."

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hehena Haole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-23 3:59 pm   Permalink

If you just want to have a couple of drinks, take a shot for every 5 minutes of programming. If you want to get hammered and pass out, take a shot for every 5 minutes of commercial break.

View Profile of Hehena Haole Send a personal message to Hehena Haole  Email Hehena Haole     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 10:02 pm   Permalink

Well, that's just crazy talk Hehena Haole.

Meaningless crazy-Hehena joke. No other content intended or implied.

[ This Message was edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-09-23 22:02 ]

thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 07:35 am   Permalink

Hey, the Pilot that got eaten out of the cockpit was from "ALIAS"
Speaking of "ALIAS" where is it?
I love chicks that kick ass!
It looks like Sundays are full already??
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 09:07 am   Permalink

Well it's too soon to tell what is going to be a cliche in the show, but I think it's safe for now to drink whenever you hear the mysterious invisible creature, and drink whenever you see a feral pig.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-24 10:19 am   Permalink

what was with the ominous looking golden lab watching them from the bushes?

I think they hinted they were near the bermuda triangle - are they setting us up for believing they went back in time (like in Land of the Lost)? if so, why is there a dog there?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 1:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-24 10:19, dangergirl299 wrote:
I think they hinted they were near the bermuda triangle - are they setting us up for believing they went back in time (like in Land of the Lost)? if so, why is there a dog there?

Interesting theory, though the writer was on the radio the other morning and said it definately was not a dinosaur (maybe Kong?). Anyway, how about drinking every time someone counts to 5 (to subdue the fear...). The show seems to be a cross between The Village and Jurasic Park, and I like it! The mystery monster has me hooked, but how long can they drag it on? Even Twin Peaks got a bit borring in the end.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation