FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-24 2:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:19 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 8:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-24 10:19, dangergirl299 wrote:
what was with the ominous looking golden lab watching them from the bushes?

I think they hinted they were near the bermuda triangle - are they setting us up for believing they went back in time (like in Land of the Lost)? if so, why is there a dog there?

I believe the Lab belongs to the kid, since he said "Is that Vincent?" when the first "stomp-stomp" occured.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 10:09 pm   Permalink

Whadda ya wanna bet the monster is really their fears or something like that. A re-hash of Forbidden Planet which was a re-hash of The Tempest.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-05 01:13 am   Permalink

I think I have Lost figured out.

I haven't seen any episodes yet, but I'm getting a vibe.

Remember that show from about 1970, when a plane full of college students crashed on an island that was supposed to be used as a nuclear bomb experiment to see what would happen to buildings and clothing, etc?

Well, I think that Lost group may have landed on the same island and is gonna end up enountering the original 'lost' show people.

The polar bear was there because the government had put all kinda animals on that island to see what would happen to them.

Here's a link to that old show -

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/TNP/

Yup, that's the show all right. Here's another link:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-74/

I was watching the DVD of "Garden State" and when they played "The Only Living Boy In New York", my mind snapped to this old series.

Either that, or the character who was the knight at Medieval Times reminded me of Zooey Hallo.

Garden State was good, by the way.

Now I want to see Napolean Dynamite.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-05 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-05 01:13, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Now I want to see Napolean Dynamite.

SWEET!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-05 5:11 pm   Permalink

drink every time evangaline lily looks at one of the boys with big, sad, doe eyes

drink everytime iraqi guy looks at hillbilly with murder in his eyes.

drink everytime dr. jack looks angry, or frightened or at evangaline lily with sad doe eyes.

Drink everytime the hobbit chews his bottom lip.

drink everytime the knife guy looks like he's going to stab the hillbilly

drink everytime the overbearing korean guy yells at his wife

can I stop now, are you on the floor?
I like this show! I like the guy who couldn't walk but can now. and the little kid, and the fat, er, big guy!

Arrested Development is my FAVORITE TV show now, but Lost is second!

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-01-05 17:12 ]

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sinner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-05 5:31 pm   Permalink

Do 2 shots every time the hobbit sings, "You all everybody!".

View Profile of sinner Send a personal message to sinner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 3:25 pm   Permalink

OK... so what do the numbers mean? Any Rain Men types in TC care to hazard a guess?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 3:27 pm   Permalink

You know whats so bad about the Hobbit's song, is that it is stuck in my head now. But isnt it YOU ARE EVERYBODY? Aaahhhh make it stop!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 4:57 pm   Permalink

Um, was it not the serial number on the big buried hunk of metal thingy?

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo on 2005-03-06 16:59 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 6:24 pm   Permalink

This show ticks me off. It's a great set up. In fact, everything about it is great except for the fact that every hour we watch is full of blah, blah, blah, and maybe one little clue about what is going on. It makes me mad, but I have to watch the next week anyway.

The last episode was great though. They finally gave us a bunch of information with the numbers and the lottery winner and all.

Should we start sharing clues or would that ruin things. My wife picked up on one that I didn't and it ticked me off too because I was getting so bored with all the nothing going on. Anyway, here it is. The lottery guy has many investments. One of them was a box company. Well, the bald guy from Millennium who used to be in a wheelchair worked for a box company didn't he?

Remember the surly cowboy guy ran into the doctor's father in an Australian bar? They're starting to tie everything together. And that kid has some sort of telekinetic powers I think. Remember the bird that died when his parents were separating?

The way the'yre going it should take another fifteen years, but they're at least telling us something.

I say drink every time they break for a commercial which is about every five minutes.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 7:02 pm   Permalink

Has anyone heard about real-life broadcasts on shortwave radio which constist of the recitation of seemingly random numbers? They've apparently been heard on shortwave radio for years, in many different countries and in different languages. The voice reciting the numbers is a monotone voice, almost robotic.

Recently, a guy named Akin Fernandez put together something called the "Conet Project" in which he collected recordings of these very erie broadcasts and put them on CDs. The broadcasts have been described as "creepy and mysterious" because nobody can seem to figure out what they mean or who does it. There have been theories that the broadcasts have something to do with espionage, but nobody really knows for sure. Since their release, the CDs have become a cult hit.

A Washington Post article describing the Conet Project refers to the broadcasts as:

"The mechanized voice of a man, reading out numbers. No context, no comment, no station identification. Nothing but numbers, over and over, for minutes on end. Then the signals disappear, as if somebody pulled the plug in the studio. And it's not just one station. The more he listens, the more number monologues he hears. "Five four zero," goes a typical broadcast, this time in the soulless voice of a woman with a British accent. "Zero nine zero. One four. Zero nine zero one four." Numbers in Spanish, in German, Russian, Czech; some voices male, others female. When Fernandez lucks into hearing the start of a broadcast, he's treated to the sound of electronic beeps, or a few bars of calliope music, or words like "message message message." Then come the numbers. A few stations spring to life the same time each night, others pop up at random and cannot be found again.

When I saw tonights episode, and thought back about the looping broadcast of the woman speaking French, it sounded very much like the Conet Project.

If anyone is interested in reading about this(or listening to) here are links to a washington post article and to the radio broadcast on NPR's "All Things Considered" -- where I first heard about the Conet Project.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35647-2004Aug2.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4167689

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 7:35 pm   Permalink

I have the Conet Project CD set and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the number sequence. It's fairly well agreed upon that these transmissions are secret instructions to espionage field operatives. DOn't have any idea where Lost is headed with the idea.

I agree that the show is hugely frustrating to watch. It's like you're starving and sitting down to what you think will be a full meal, and end up with only a snack. Fun, but wholly unfullfilling. I don't think they will ever fully get to the point of it all. It would be like the X-Files if they do. As long as the mystery's there, you keep watching in hopes of finding out something. When they explain it all, everyone says how dumb it all is and quits watching.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 10:29 pm   Permalink

Which of course brings us to The Prisoner. An existential puzzle where they only produced a certain number of episodes, ended it, and that was that. Revolutionary.

I hope Lost won't just be an endless soap opera to keep viewers watching. The big stomping thing and Polar bears make it kind of interesting.

Anyone pick up on any other clues so far? In the Prisoner they gave us the answer at the beginning of every episode...people just didn't get it. Wonder what they've got going here?

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 11:02 pm   Permalink

I guess the fact that I even like talking about a tv show here means there's at least *something* going on here. I like the Twilight Zone-ish quality to it all, but then there's that unmistakeable stench of sweeps weeks, booty shots of the hot ladies bathing under waterfalls or whathaveyou (no complaints here), and little script stunts (that are actually kind of misplaced but fun - did anybody get the reference to the paper company from "The Office" in that episode about the hobbit? The girl says "My dad's off in England acquiring a paper company in Swinton" or something to that effect. This last Hurley episode was one of the best in a while. My only real complaint is why doesn't somebody kill Sawyer already?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation