FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Any way to use this new series "LOST" as a drinking game?
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 1:38 pm   Permalink

Well I assume this is a show without a finite ending date, so I think they will string us along endlessly, and we will never know the answers entirely, or when one thing is solved, another mystery will arise.

Something I read that is another interesting clue is that a good chunk of people on the island have turned out to have killed someone, whether intentionally or accidentally. Even the chubby guy killed his grandad via heart attack by winning the lottery. Rock star killed Ethan, Jack killed the Marshal, Sawyer killed the wrong Sawyer, The outlaw girl killed the boyfriend in the holdup, the Korean guy probably offed someone, etc...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-06 23:02, Tiki-bot wrote:
I guess the fact that I even like talking about a tv show here means there's at least *something* going on here. I like the Twilight Zone-ish quality to it all, but then there's that unmistakeable stench of sweeps weeks, booty shots of the hot ladies bathing under waterfalls or whathaveyou (no complaints here), and little script stunts (that are actually kind of misplaced but fun - did anybody get the reference to the paper company from "The Office" in that episode about the hobbit? The girl says "My dad's off in England acquiring a paper company in Swinton" or something to that effect. This last Hurley episode was one of the best in a while. My only real complaint is why doesn't somebody kill Sawyer already?

Mr. Pineapple-Bot likes Evangaline Lily. She's purtty, with her pouty mouth and doe eyes.

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 2:23 pm   Permalink

What's yer point?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2006-02-03 7:55 pm   Permalink

A nice rare steak, a double Trader Vic's Mai Tai, prepared from scratch...

And Episode 10, Season 2 of LOST on my computer, downloaded from the usenets because I missed it on TV. Not a bad evening.

Quote:

On 2005-03-07 13:38, tikifish wrote:
Something I read that is another interesting clue is that a good chunk of people on the island have turned out to have killed someone, whether intentionally or accidentally.

This seems to be true. Add Kate, and Echo, and...

There seem to be a lot of ex-killers on this island.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 12:35 am   Permalink

I'm going to try and resurrect the original idea--
The Lost drinking game should revolve around the magic numbers:
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
When you see them in a flashback or entered into the computer, take a shot. When you actually hear them, take two.
And maybe an extra shot when Dr. Jack has to use the rubbing alcohol. I swear that bottle should be empty by now. Take 10 shots if it actually does run out.

The thing I sort of like about this show is actually the lack of answers. I know that some people find that irritating, but it reminds me of things like the drive to Hana on Maui where the point of the whole thing is the trip itself, not necessarily the destination.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 09:18 am   Permalink

Drink:

Every time someone dabs a wound.

Every time someone sits pensively staring out at the sea.

Every time Ecko talks.

When you feel the writers are making up the mythology as they go along.

When they generate more new questions than answers to previous questions in an episode (1 shot for each new mystery).

A regular doesn't appear at all in an episode.

Something astounding happens to someone, and they don't feel compelled to inform (or warn) the other survivors.

When the first jilted lover seeks another survivor for another island hook-up.

A whole bottle if anyone thinks Hurley has any chance with that new chick, even if they were the only two survivors left in the world and had to re-populate the planet.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot 2006-02-05 09:20 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation