FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2004 Pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hukilau 2004 Pics
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 7:55 pm   Permalink

Here we go...shutterfly album and one more still to go... http://www.shutterfly.com/share/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b231d3d755a2

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 8:04 pm   Permalink

BK I keep trying to access you gallery and when I do it takes me to a login prompt, is that right or am I doing something wrong.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-27 8:44 pm   Permalink

Well Hukilau 2004 will be a trip I will never forget. Even with all the hassle of the hurricane I still had a great time. The people I met were all GREAT!

I was in denial about the evacuation till 9am Saturday morning. We spent $65 riding around in a taxi looking for a hotel with rooms, before cutting our losses and heading to a shelter. There was no way we could hang in there. We decided to rent a car and either drive to an open airport or right to the Mai-Kai. Both my buddy Kris’ wife and my wife were pretty angry and thought we were out of our minds for going to the Mai-Kai. I couldn’t have ended my Hukilau any other way! We left shortly after we finished dinner, because we figured we would just drive from there to Key West until we found a hotel with rooms. We found a room at a Super 8 only a few miles from the Mai Kai right on Rt.1. Guess the Tiki Gods were on our side after all.

Here is a link to some of my pictures from the trip:

Rick’s Pics

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGoon on 2004-09-27 20:45 ]

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
biffachu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-28 08:08 am   Permalink

By the way here's my pics from this weekend

http://www.biffinc.com/hukilau2004/Sites.html

Enjoy!!

View Profile of biffachu Send a personal message to biffachu  Email biffachu Goto the website of biffachu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 08:10 am   Permalink

Oops...I'll get 'er fixed...what adress did you enter to share pics with TC, TikiToa?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 08:23 am   Permalink

If anyone took any pics of The Vodkanauts performing, we'd dearly love to see 'em - thanks in advance!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 09:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-28 08:10, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Oops...I'll get 'er fixed...what adress did you enter to share pics with TC, TikiToa?

BK sent you directions in a PM

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 10:49 am   Permalink

Here are some of the pics...The Mai Kai pics I will post shortly..I believe you can right click on the pic properties to get the captions. Anyway I will do more as I have time...the pre-storm view from the hotel Thursday...amazing

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-09-28 10:54 ]

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-28 12:38 pm   Permalink

BK - I've got an old postcard of that A-frame house with the Moai on the intercoastal waterway. I'll try to post it soon. I think it was called the Doctor Winslow house.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 12:41 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:06 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-28 12:46 pm   Permalink

BK - I've got on old postcard of you in bed with four wahines. I'll sell it to you. (ya know wat I mean? nudge nudge). I think it's called "Position 19: The Doctor Winslow".

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 1:11 pm   Permalink

I'm still recovering from Hukilau and the Hurricane. When it stops raining, I'll go up and replace the rest of the shingles that weren't replaced after the first hurricane. Right now, I'm drinking large quantities of rum and honey with lime juice to try to kill whatever it is that seems to be trying to knock me down. It tastes rotten, but after about five of them, I stop caring.

Hope this works ... I have a few more pics that are out getting developed (yes ... developed ... don't ask), and I'll scan and post them when they come back. In the meantime, here is my first attempt at posting something thru shutterfly. This is just from the Tiki Beach cruise. Thanks to all my fellow TC'ers for an incredible time!

Cyber's Pics, Tiki Beach Cruise:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeEOXLNw5ctnDw&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=1

Cheers!

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-09-28 12:41, TNTiki wrote:BK, are you in bed with four wahine? Way to go dude.

Five, thankyouverymuch... (across the legs, hand clutching BK's manbreast)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kinipela

Posted: 2004-09-28 5:40 pm   Permalink

We so could've fit more people onto that bed. There's always next year.

View Profile of Kinipela Send a personal message to Kinipela  Email Kinipela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MosaicMoai

Posted: 2004-09-28 6:00 pm   Permalink

I know this isn't a Hukilau-specific post, but I'm a rule breaker! It was great meeting all of you at the event. I was the guy with the MosaicMoai tattoo and my wife hurt her back on Friday, so we missed most of the event. I did get to meet some great people on the boat ride and we were able to make it to the Mai Kai show. Depsite the hurricane and my wife's injury we had a great time and will go again next year. This is a photo from my annual Mardi Gras Crawfish Boil. This is one of the first Moai chiminea's that Tim made. Don't do this at home (unless you're drunk and full of crawfish).

That's me near the fire and my pal Tim with the Emo's jacket.

Cheers,

Larry "MosaciMoai"

[ This Message was edited by: MosaicMoai on 2004-09-28 18:03 ]

View Profile of MosaicMoai Send a personal message to MosaicMoai  Email MosaicMoai Goto the website of MosaicMoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation