FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2004 Pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hukilau 2004 Pics
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 1:05 pm   Permalink

Here are few of my pictures. I took very few because I was relying on everyone else to take pictures and video. Please burn me a CD of your pictures and mail it to me. Video too!

King Kukulele has his first drink at the Mai Kai and he's gone!

A message Kern was sending to Holden.

Our boys from Italy (and CA) on the open water.

Me with Billy Mure.

Someone should have stopped me. But I had a great time Thursday night I am told!

Enjoying the Mystery Drink on Saturday.

Who's up for a make up date? I feel like I didn't get enough out of this Hukilau. I need more. Maybe a weekender with Pablus...

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2006-06-21 11:48 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 2:07 pm   Permalink

I'm always up for the Mai-Kai as you know! Pick a date, and let's do it ... whether or not my own Cannibal Lounge is completed, we can come back to the house for mai-tai's and music. I'll start squeezing the limes now!

Cheers!

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 7:56 pm   Permalink

oooo...oooo. Me too!
(raising hand wildly from the back of the class)
Say the word for make up. Waiting with much anticipation. C'mon Florida ohana. You deserve it.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-10-04 11:12 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-03 11:09 pm   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 06:35 am   Permalink

Well if I must.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 07:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-03 13:05, Swanky wrote:
Someone should have stopped me. But I had a great time Thursday night I am told!

you weren't responsible swanky, you were under the power of some kind of voodoo thing

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
st. john the bassist
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-04 10:17 am   Permalink

Being new to the Tiki, I can surely use some more education on the Tiki life. Count me in for another event. Hopefully, I can persuade my Vodkanaut bandmates to come along too. I too did not get enough and being my first Hukilau I thought we we're all cheated a little under the circumtances. I met so many fun loving, good people and would love to perform at another event with all.

View Profile of st. john the bassist Send a personal message to st. john the bassist  Email st. john the bassist Goto the website of st. john the bassist     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-04 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-04 10:17, st. john the bassist wrote:
Being new to the Tiki, I can surely use some more education on the Tiki life. Count me in for another event. Hopefully, I can persuade my Vodkanaut bandmates to come along too. I too did not get enough and being my first Hukilau I thought we we're all cheated a little under the circumtances. I met so many fun loving, good people and would love to perform at another event with all.

I assume you mean cheated by The WEATHER? I , as a party attendee, felt I got MORE than my moneys worth in entertainment, etc even with Saturday night's schedule being slimmed a lot. Kiliki and Swanky rock!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 1:14 pm   Permalink

If Basement Kahuna is in, we're in. I still haven't shared a drink with the Jawja blade slinger. I'd like to do it in November if possible. How about Thanksgiving Saturday?

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-10-04 13:15 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-10-04 2:24 pm   Permalink

My digital crap-cam took some lousy interior/night shots, but here's a couple that came out.......

TikiTony and Chikitiki -Bahia Cabana

Mogambo-Christian-King Kukuele-Chikitiki-PolynesianPop-TikiTony-Basement Kahuna-JungleTrader- all showing Hurricane Hair on Sunday......The King is displaying some of Polypops cool artwork! I had a great time.

For 8ft Tiki.....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 5:20 pm   Permalink

Maybe this ought to be it's own post.

Here's what I had in mind. A simple get together of whoever can make it. Make the Bahia Cabana the host hotel since it's cheap and we can take over the courtyard no problem. Someone get the penthouse and we can just roll on through there like last month. Get the Haole Cats, and Vodkanauts if they can all swing it. Maybe the Exoticats too. See if Wayne can bring something to blow our minds.

We'd need to pick a weekend when there is nothing competeing so we can have the hotel to ourselves and the Mai Kai dinner show filled up too. Can't wait too long or it's holiday season and all plans are off.

As far as cost, we just need to cover band costs. We can come up with a plan for that.

I don't know if I could make it myself, but I am sure there are folks who could manage it down there. Just need to coordinate with the Mai Kai and Bahia Cabana and the possible attendees for a date.

Perhaps we could start a poll over on the Hukilau boards about a date. I'll ask Kern what he thinks.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 6:04 pm   Permalink

Swanky,
Keep us posted if it looks like ya'll want to run with the "makeup" date idea...I for one, would love to get another chance to play for & meet some of the fine folks that frequent TC...I have a feeling the other Kats feel the same way.

Let us know!

Josh

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 05:57 am   Permalink

(a la Artie Johnson on Laugh-In)

Vewy eeenteresting ...

What date do you have in mind?

[ This Message was edited by: tweedtone on 2004-10-05 05:58 ]

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
st. john the bassist
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-05 11:28 am   Permalink

Hey smiley, take it easy tiger. Good guess that I was refering to the circumstances of the weather during the Hukilau. Sounds like the rum is starting to wear off.

View Profile of st. john the bassist Send a personal message to st. john the bassist  Email st. john the bassist Goto the website of st. john the bassist     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-05 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 11:28, st. john the bassist wrote:
Hey smiley, take it easy tiger. Good guess that I was refering to the circumstances of the weather during the Hukilau. Sounds like the rum is starting to wear off.

no problem..i had a feeling you were talking about the weather--i just wanted a clarification. thanks. See you next year.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation