FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki What is this mug that I just bought?
What is this mug that I just bought?
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-26 9:14 pm   Permalink

I thought I had discovered some Steven Crane mug when I saw this thing today but now I'm starting to think otherwise. I know I've seen this on TC before, but I had no idea of how to search the archives for it. Any info on it would be great.

thanks,
Spike

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-26 9:49 pm   Permalink

My son's hot cocoa mug, except all the paint has come off of the one we have. I also asked for info on it and according to some smart folks who contribute to this forum, told me this is native american and most likley taken from pacific northwestern indian totem designs. Hot cocoa really does taste yummy in it!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3257&forum=5

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-09-26 22:46 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegastikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-26 10:13 pm   Permalink

I had this same mug once and it had a decal on it that read, Souvenir of Canada. It's part of a totem pole, not really Tiki but still kinda cool.

View Profile of vegastikidude Send a personal message to vegastikidude  Email vegastikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-26 10:32 pm   Permalink

I have three four pieces of these, different shapes. The small little gold sticker on the back reads, VICTORIA a gold crown under it. then it says ceramics, and under it JAPAN.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 2:20 pm   Permalink

Damn! I thought I was onto something. Thanks for the info everybody.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation