FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I am going to throw up now! MY GOD THEY DEDICATED IT TO ME!!! I am bidding on it!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
I am going to throw up now! MY GOD THEY DEDICATED IT TO ME!!! I am bidding on it!
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 3:52 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=714280068

Ok, I dont say too much about peoples tribute to Shag, but this is not a tribute this is an insult! I like some of the so called tributes, but what the hell is this? It looks like two homosexual moais fixing to get it on under the bright sun! I will puke now. Sorry if I insulted anybody.

[ This Message was edited by: kokomotikibar&grill on 2002-09-17 16:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-09-23 09:32 ]

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-17 4:32 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's really bad, but I think the other one he's selling is worse:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=713495860

eek.

This quote in the description is priceless:
"This is a nice vintage retro piece, done in a unique style"

How, exactly, is this vintage or unique?

Is someone on tiki central listing this as a joke, or some kind of test?

You know, I'm looking to leave the realm of tiki consumer and enter the zone of tiki producer , but I swear, if I ever put something that derivative or lousy on ebay, y'all can come over and kick my ass.

Well, then again, does anyone like these things?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 5:29 pm   Permalink

This is the seller who managed to get $36.51 for one of the green Tiki Farm Suffering Bastard shot glasses. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2135047693

He obviously has his finger on the pulse of what consumers want.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-09-17 6:28 pm   Permalink

He may have his finger on the pulse, but his head is up somewhere else!

Puke on!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-17 7:45 pm   Permalink

The first one should have "Puberty Love" (the haunting love theme from "Attack of The Killer Tomatoes") playing behind it. THEN, I'd puke.

.....where are my Alka Seltzers?

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 06:30 am   Permalink

Ya know? Although I don't like the "Shag Tibute" catch-phrase thing, I have to admit that these weird 'pieces' are better looking than some of the other rip off pieces we've seen.

(We use the word pieces as in 'pieces of art'...or 'pieces of'...well, you know what I'm saying.)

It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, actually bids on these.

I don't think I have yet been repulsed to the point of hurling...but there is always tomorrow.

-C.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 09:15 am   Permalink

As for the two moais embracing, I think it gives a different (or dare I say "unique") definition to the phrase "Tiki Lover" and I'm just as shocked that the artist either had the nerve (or ability) to sign it!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 11:01 am   Permalink

I dont think I have ever laughed so hard reading anything in Tiki Central.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 1:02 pm   Permalink

I think it should have been titled "HO-MOAI-SEXUAL LOVE". What a lost opportunity for a good pun.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 1:13 pm   Permalink

Excellent title!

[ This Message was edited by: kokomotikibar&grill on 2002-09-19 13:10 ]

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-20 12:25 pm   Permalink

Why are they homoaisexual? One is blue and one is pink! Is pink not the girl? Or is that sexist? Can't a moai be a girl? Is that sexist? My god, I can't believe I spend my time on this stuff! I have a party to prepare....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 12:49 pm   Permalink

I would have to say that homo's could be pink. And if it is a girl, wheres the hooters?

tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-20 12:25, martiki6 wrote:

Why are they homoaisexual? One is blue and one is pink! Is pink not the girl? Or is that sexist? Can't a moai be a girl? Is that sexist?

You know I was thinking the same thing. I think the blue one is a boy and the pink one is a girl. So I'm not sure that calling them Ho-Moai-Sexual would be accurate. Funny as hell, but not accurate.

Now if you want to say the ENTIRE picture is the gayest looking picture you'd ever seen, I'd agree whole-heartedly (sp?)

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 1:54 pm   Permalink

I just cant stop laughing. Tikimug is killing me!

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 3:58 pm   Permalink

I know this is naive of me but how did they get the Tiki Farm off the bottom and the Trader Vic's stamp there instead? Really? People do counterfeiting with this stuff?

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-09-20 15:59 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation