Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hukilau artists
Hukilau artists
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 11:36 am   Permalink

So I took home a Black Hawaiiano Tiki Diablo mug, this is a beauty! Love the bright green inside glaze, mug wieghs a ton, one of my new favorite mugs.
Also Benzart #50, words and pictures do the Tiki no justice, it is a masterpiece, I finally own a Benzart. One of his larger pendants, a Long Ear.
Got a Tiki Tony Drawing, getting a frame for this today, have a spot ready on the wall, his drawings and paintings are fantastic, My next purchase will be a Tiki Tony Painting, cooool stuff.
Got the Flounder mug, killer design and getting one of his paintings is 2nd on my list, that was quite a corner of talent in that area of the room!!!
Got the Hukilau mug, great color though I was really drooling over the purple one with Derek print. Missed the Crazy Al mug and am kicking myself.
Getting a print from the incredible artist Donella, I gazed at the unattainable painting throughout the day, perhaps the rooms most beautiful artwork if I had to choose.
The carvers blew me away, I got to the room very early and watched as the Tikis poured in, friggin' amazing! Kreepy Tiki, Lake surfer, The Dude from Stuart, FL can't recall name but had a really nice group of large carvings.
And the Menehunes everlasting Leis and other goodies and the original art by TwistED, I need one of those Tiki's also. I missed alot, my head is spinning:-) Applause Applause

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 12:24 pm   Permalink

Hey McDougall, great meeting you at Hukilau. If your still interested, I'd love to do some trading. The monkey pendant you made is very cool, I must have it.
http://swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-28 1:04 pm   Permalink

Tolds you I was forgetting people, Doug's art rocks, I'm going to make me a trade now.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 6:36 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 6:39 pm   Permalink

Higi, Don't forget to add yourself to the Rockin' artists at HukiLau. The piece you had was realy super, more so in person. We gotta find a way to get topgether for some carving sessions. So glad to have finally met you as well as all the other TC Artists who were there.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation