[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Cal Worthington and his dog Spot
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Cal Worthington and his dog Spot
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 08:34 am   Permalink

who or what is your "and his" style sidekick?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 08:46 am   Permalink

Satan's Sin's Giant Insect Sidekick removes troublesome block-party organizers from his property.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:52 am   Permalink

I'll take a Tiger for $300, Alex!

great, now I have that song stuck in my head.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 11:35 am   Permalink

Go see Cal greatest hits (Real player video):

http://www.tvparty.com/g2e/calworthingtonloud.ram

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 11:41 am   Permalink

Does anyone remember Felix Chevrolet in Downtown LA? I don't know if they are still there.
"One of the oldest dealerships in Los Angeles - maybe in the country - opening the showroom doors in 1921."
Real player video:
http://www.tvparty.com/tv3/felixchevrolet.ram

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 1:06 pm   Permalink

Sure, Felix Chevorlet...and Bob Spreen Cadillac, "A beauiful place to lease or buy a beautiful car....where the freeways meet in Downey"

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 1:07 pm   Permalink

Oh oh oh...how about the alcoholic (said affectionaltly) hacks who did the Carpeteria adds?

and Eddie from Zachery-all

eeeek

Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 1:07 pm   Permalink

Or or...the LA T-Birds? That famous match race between Ralph Baladeros, and Ronny Psycho Reins...that was REAL sport. Mark Spitz...he's still a nobody

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-09-30 13:09 ]

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 1:18 pm   Permalink

The scary thing about that Cal Worthington video is that as soon as I heard the first few words of each verse, my mind immediately supplied the rest of the rhyme as if I had heard it yesterday. Damn! The stuff that's stored away in my sub-conscious. That "Big Fig Newton" song on the other thread was stored in there too and I didn't even know it.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 4:19 pm   Permalink

Cal Worthington! Oh man - that really takes me back... The Felix Chevrolet thing was only seen when we'd drive into L.A. - but you couldn't miss it!

Speaking of Felix - here's a weird attraction from Ocean Park Pier in the 1940's...
http://www.christophermerritt.com/Blog/felix.jpg

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 8:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-30 13:18, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
The scary thing about that Cal Worthington video is that as soon as I heard the first few words of each verse, my mind immediately supplied the rest of the rhyme as if I had heard it yesterday. Damn! The stuff that's stored away in my sub-conscious. That "Big Fig Newton" song on the other thread was stored in there too and I didn't even know it.

There was also Dial Chevrolet. I *STILL* remember the jingle that used to play endlessly on Seymour's late night horror-show...

Dial Dial Dial Chevrolet
Two Blocks off the Santee Anee freeway
One One Nine Eight Oh East Firestone
Dial Chevrolet.

Felix is still there. Dial is not.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 11:05 pm   Permalink

Pete Ellis Dodge
Long Beach Freeway
Firestone Exit
South Gate
(repeat until you pass out.)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 12:31 am   Permalink

.....I wouldn'ta got a lemon?.....

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 12:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-01 00:31, Gigantalope wrote:
.....I wouldn'ta got a lemon?.....

From Toyota Of Orange

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-30 13:18, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

It's Sabu & his Coconut, Spot!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation