FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Anyone want my car?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Anyone want my car?
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 7:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-30 12:26, Humuhumu wrote:

She doesn't have AC, and her Washington plates are about to expire and she needs to be registered in CA.

. . and she's been in countless tiki bar parking lots over the years. She's been wonderful, and has great potential.

No need for A/C in a convertible, just lower the top and drive fast.

The car has instant cache in all tiki bar parkig lots because of its storied past.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2004-09-30 13:19, woofmutt wrote:

And is her name Lucky?

The mana is strong in that car, just like its driver.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

JT, it's definitely a girl. She has a very tight (gear)box.

Chris--trust me, I need A/C. I literally almost died driving across the Mohave coming back from Vegas a few months back--and I know the proper usage of the word "literally."

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 8:35 pm   Permalink

Um.... I'll trade you a Smoky Mountains bear snowglobe for it!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 9:39 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu's point made me wonder...just how many brushes with disasta we've all lived thru...cripes..a new topic spawned itself awredy.

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-09-30 21:40 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-30 16:20, spy-tiki wrote:
Whoever gets it, check out the Miata version of Tiki Central - http://www.miata.net. Lots of psople with lots of info about repairs, fixes, spare parts, etc. They're great little fun cars.

Humu, you should try contacting the Miata clubs in your area (they are listed at
www.miata.net) -- there are plenty of enthusiasts who would love to have it.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 08:24 am   Permalink

Hi Humuhumu,
Send Miata to Camp Krustiki! Rick likes working on cars, and he will have her tuned-up and purring again! Then she'll get a mini-makeover (paint and body work) and be reborn as the new Ookoomobile! I can picture her with a carved tiki gearshift knob, tapa print seat covers, exotica on the cd player, and of course a ukulele in the back seat. Don't forget the mini-bar in the trunk. I think we live close enough that we can tow her here if needed. I don't mind that there isn't an ac, because she won't be my daily driver, she'll just go out for fun times on the weekends and in the evenings. Send Miata to Camp Krustiki!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-01 11:48 am   Permalink

Given that the Mobile Exploration Lab's final road trip was to Hukilau this year (146,000+ miles and only now becoming dangerously unreliable), I can use a new set of wheels... but having driven Pussycat around Seattle a bit last year, all I can say is that cramming my six-and-a-half-foot frame into the driver's seat of a Miata was the closest I have ever come to autofellatiating myself.

I mean, it was fun and all, but...

Good luck finding her a worthy home.

We ought to retire Pussycat and the Lab together in some sort of ceremonial Tiki vehicle retirement ceremony.

You know, like the ones the ancient Marquesians held when their cars died.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iambe

Posted: 2004-10-01 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-30 12:26, Humuhumu wrote:
I am thinking about getting a new car, would anyone like my old one?

Hi-

Total stranger here. I heard about your offer from a friend who is active in the Tiki world (I have many friends who are, but I have not yet had the pleasure of attending a Tiki event).

IF you are unable to find a friend or friend of a friend, would you maybe consider a friend of a friend of a friend?

Here's my situation:
I am in So Cal, I really prefer driving a stick shift, my current car is running well (so I'd have something to drive while repairs are in progress), but 18 years old and my brother (who loves me very much) rebuilds cars as a hobby. I have A/C in my current car, but I don't use it so I wouldn't miss it.

And I think the Miata is sexy. When I look at your pictures of her, I have feelings I've never had for any "her" before. It's sort of, well, lust. I mean, nothing kinky... just...

You know.

Anyway, I'm going to be away until the beginning of November (but I will have computer access), so if you need it gone before that then I am not your woman.

Thanks!
Rena

[ This Message was edited by: iambe on 2004-10-01 13:09 ]

View Profile of iambe Send a personal message to iambe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 3:20 pm   Permalink

I'm thrilled to say that Pussycat is going to go to our friend C.B. Howlie (of Cherry Capri and the Thurston Howlies). C.B.'s car has lived a long and productive life, but at 280K+ miles, it's apparently at the point where even his mechanic refuses to keep working on it. C.B.'s excited to take on Pussycat, and I'm so glad I'll still get to see her around. I'm going to miss her terribly, and it'll make me very happy to see someone bring her back to her proper glory. With someone who's able to give her better attention than I can, I'm hopeful she'll be able to reach 280K+ miles someday, too.

I bought my new (to me) car yesterday morning, with the help of Floratina & C.B., who drove me all the way down to Murrieta (nearly a 2hr drive) to pick her up. She's a 1997 Mazda Miata, black. I'd post pictures, but they'd look almost exactly like the ones above. She's a beaut, and she's got California plates and A/C. Hurrah!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-10-04 15:20 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-04 15:20, Humuhumu wrote:
I'd post pictures, but they'd look almost exactly like the ones above.

Except for the trunk.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 7:13 pm   Permalink

Humux2 - next time you're up this way (the 29th, right?) I can tie a commemoritive rope on the trunk for you. It'll be just like old times.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 06:17 am   Permalink

Congratualations to Humuhumu...........on her new car and a camera!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 09:54 am   Permalink

oh - i am glad to hear that. after his drums got stolen out of his car - because the side door was smashed from a car accident and they broke through that - i figured he needed a change of luck!

I can't wait to hear what the name of your new car will be and will we see her tonight at the tiki ti then!?!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation