FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What Is Your Personal Curse?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
What Is Your Personal Curse?
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 5:35 pm   Permalink

Not if you're Uri Geller.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 7:38 pm   Permalink

Whenever I'm getting ready to close my store, even if not one person has entered the door in 2 hours, they will all come in 2 minutes before closing and set up camp. Usually they "just want to look" and end up reading all the books and mags. (Damn you Barnes & Noble!) I usually kick them out after 5 minutes or so. They other thing is whenever I get a chance to sneak into the bathroom, people will enter the store and immediately yell, "HELLO?" as if they have to be acknowledged that second or they'll freak out, or the phone will ring. Gaaagggggghhhhhh!

[ This Message was edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2004-10-04 19:40 ]

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 9:09 pm   Permalink

When I try to hold a tiki event in Florida in September, a hurricane veers towards us and ruins my plans. Happens every time!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 9:14 pm   Permalink

I always seem to choose the supermarket line in which I'm directly behind a person that has an overwhelmingly complicated transaction, often taking more than one staff employee to resolve and even in the Express lane.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 10:04 pm   Permalink

I also have the Driveway Turnaround Curse, slightly different: no matter how desolate the house, if I choose their driveway, the family emerges expectantly, either all dressed up as if they were expecting a favorite guest, or they all run out as if they were hoping for an ambulance, and it's always ridiculously large families!

The bird curse: all talking parrots sound like solicitous hookers to me, when they say, "Hi", with their little high-pitched voices. Birds who have taken a vow of silence will say this to me, and their owners are shocked, and then tell me the bird hasn't said one word for years. I show up, and the parrot instantly turns into the greeting floozy, which makes me laugh, and then we keep setting each other off.

The Curse of Good Taste: show me an assortment of anything, the less I know about it the better, and if I "had" to pick one, it's always the best and/or most expensive item in the group. All I need now is the curse of too much money!

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-10-04 22:06 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-04 11:31 pm   Permalink

I am a weirdo magnet also. The nutters always want to be my friend. I can have long hair or short hair, wearing nice clothes or thrashers, it don't matter. They always want to talk to me. And they all seem to think I know what their ibbity-bibbity word salad is all about.
My other curse is that people think I am Johnny Weedseed. I am always aproached by strangers and asked if I know where to score them grass.

Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-05 00:24 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 7:05 pm   Permalink

Childern...Nuts...Blinky lights? Those are blessings.

I once got stung by a carpenter bee on a island in the galapagos with not a blade of grass on it...how..why...wha the?

A tequnique I use on nuts who come up is to ask them for money...a little change to help me out...(usually tat sends them on thier way)

Some give money...but some get nasty...if that's the case then I'll roll a quarter into traffic, and laugh.

but insects...grrr

I wonder if Benzart has any issues with Walkingsticks?

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-10-05 19:07 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 11:58 pm   Permalink

I would have to say ex-girlfriends. Their memory taunts me in the night and etchs my soul with torment and pain, music is my salvation...sad music.

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 08:32 am   Permalink

Mimes...there's a curse.
Worse then even insects...thank god I don't live near a large french park..

shutup and talk!

mimes

how loathsome.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 09:50 am   Permalink

Chongo - got any smoke?

I am known as "De-Mech" - with the power to stop any normally working mechanical device simply by touching it.

It's not a joke to the dozens whose stuff I have handled and destroyed with my might.

Hand it to someone else or put someone else behind the wheel or give it to someone else and voila - it works - every time.

BTW, Street people talk to me ALL the time, too, but that's a blessing... keeps the perspective from getting skewed by normalcy.

So Chongo - hook a braddah up?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 9:54 pm   Permalink

My curse has to be procrastination. I had to learn how to spell that right because I can't be cured. It's a bit more complicated though. I'll tell you about it later.........

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 08:52 am   Permalink

Being a guy this one is extra tough to live with. I have absolutely no sense of direction, yet I always insist to the wife that I know where i'm going. I could be driving straight into the sun setting in the Pacific ocean and say "I'm heading due East, so put that map away!"

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-06 09:50, pablus wrote:
I am known as "De-Mech" - with the power to stop any normally working mechanical device simply by touching it.
It's not a joke to the dozens whose stuff I have handled and destroyed with my might.

Hey Pablus!
Is the "tiki" still in check?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 11:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-07 08:52, tiki-riviera wrote:
I have absolutely no sense of direction, yet I always insist to the wife that I know where i'm going.

Your next car needs to be one with GPS navigation!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 11:24 am   Permalink

i have the curse of 1) bonking into anything around me since i'm a tall/wide klutz and 2) if there is any appurtenence within two feet of me, i will catch an article of clothing on it. oh yeah, an open container of liquid near me has a half-life of _when_ it will spill, not _if_ that is why i drink fast

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation