FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Elton gives it to Madonna.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Elton gives it to Madonna.
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 1:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 13:26, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
Shit in, Shit out.

Ah, yes, that's the short version that I seem incapable of coming up with. Thanks for reinterpreting my comments in a more concise manner!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2004-10-05 13:39 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 2:48 pm   Permalink

So, what are you trying to say? That guys like greenday and blink 182, (or any other band that contributed to the soundtrack of "big fat liar") all these guys are actually highly polished, proffessional musicians?

If you were to check
www.TALKBASS.com, a forum for pro bassplayers (many of the members are actually celebrities) you would mention the name "Mike Dirnt" and you would be laughed out of the forum!!

They know what i am saying: These guys suck! For real!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That said, I'd put $10 on The Material Girl to kick Eltons weasel ass any day.

I'll put $100 that Elton can kick her ass even harder. There ain't nothing like a pissed-off drag queen. Well, not always 'drag' in Elton's case...but you get the idea. Madonna needs her ass kicked anyway. She also needs to end her career pronto. Her expriation date is waaaaay past due.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 15:28, donhonyc wrote:
She also needs to end her career pronto. Her expriation date is waaaaay past due.

Oh, and Sir (ahem) Elton is just churning out the hits? Unless of course you like housewife music (no offense meant to the housewives out there) or his tendancy to sing about dead blondes. He should have retired after Yellow Brick Road.

And as far as watching out for a pissed off drag queen... What's he gonna do, scratch at her? She works out, he goes shopping. Nuff said.

Tiki Mick...
I never meant to imply that any of those crap bands were any good. I agree with you more than you know.

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 5:00 pm   Permalink

True Elton has been short on the hits for like the last 20 years, but he's a pop-star/musician who built his career on, um....music. His OWN music. What's Madonna done? Had people write her songs, and ripped-off styles from the city and brought them to the mainstream. Real original... Her whole career has been built on shaking her slutty style over substance ass around, and she is way past that phase. She was hot for ten years, it's over.

As far as the 'fight', Elton's been a bitch far longer than she has and has the home field advantage...nuff said, thanks.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 11:54, MachTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-10-04 17:36, tiki mick wrote:

Do you think that ProTools could fix the phoney British accent that Blink 182 has? I mean common... They're from f#cking Poway.

It's ironic that Madonna and fake British accents come up in the same thread and no one has made mention of it...has anyone noticed how this girl from Brooklyn has suddenly developed a rather proper "Queen's English" tone in her voice? I assume because she's married to Guy Ritchie his accent has worn off on her! The whole notion that Madonna is still relevant or newsworthy 20 years after she first appeared on the pop music charts is appalling in itself!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 7:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 11:32, tikibars wrote:
I saw Krafterwrk in '97 or '98 and the Robots got the more applause than the humans did!

That would have been some show!

Maybe the audience was confused and thought the robots were Kraftwerk.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

It's ironic that Madonna and fake British accents come up in the same thread and no one has made mention of it...has anyone noticed how this girl from Brooklyn has suddenly developed a rather proper "Queen's English" tone in her voice? I assume because she's married to Guy Ritchie his accent has worn off on her! The whole notion that Madonna is still relevant or newsworthy 20 years after she first appeared on the pop music charts is appalling in itself!

Point well taken, but Madonna grew up in Michigan. She wants the world to think she's from New York City originally, and in all fairness she kind of is based on her roots as a performer. But that English accent that she's been sporting for the past couple years what the HELL is that?
What an affected idiot!

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 9:54 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-10-05 21:36, donhonyc wrote:
Quote:

Point well taken, but Madonna grew up in Michigan.

Well damn, maybe her performance in "Desperately Seeking Susan" was so convincing I automatically assumed she was from New York...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-05 10:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-05 13:33, Johnny Dollar wrote:
"when divas attack..."

Aretha would eat them all, sort of like an all you can eat Chinese Buffet Line. Cool off Elton ..."you better think".

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stratiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-06 06:37 am   Permalink

"That said, I'd put $10 on The Material Girl to kick Eltons weasel ass any day. "-Feelin Zombified.

You're on!

View Profile of Stratiki Send a personal message to Stratiki  Email Stratiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation