FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events shag's paintings in europe, "the call of kapu" in london
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
shag's paintings in europe, "the call of kapu" in london
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2004-10-31 1:36 pm   Permalink

Went to the grand opening of the 'Call of Kapu' last Wednesday night in Lonlon, took us 3 hours to get there in heavy rain, but was it worth it!!! WOW!! How kool was it! And as for Shag, he was great, what a very kool guy and really down to earth, he really appreciated everything that was going on and was pleased so many fans turned up. The venue was great, the bar was great and it was a great evening, its about time we got tiki things over here, we loved it!
Thanks to everyone concerned, do it again SOON!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 2:18 pm   Permalink

Aye, I've a few photos to put up but Shutterfly is down as I write. Maybe later!

Had an excellent night seeing my fellow Brit Tiki Centralites - always a pleasure - as well as getting a chance to have a good old chat with Shag who was a lovely chap. Great to see Cheekytiki's bar and carvings complimenting Shag's paintings and prints too.

Anyway, no doubt the photos will tell the story a little better, though I was enjoying myself far too much to take good pics!

Trader Woody
PS - Shame not to see you there Tikiwagon, but I'm glad to see you managed to get onto Tiki Central.

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 02:29 am   Permalink

Don't have any pics of the night yet, but heres one of the man of the night, his brother and myself and the other half. Oh and a tiki

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-03 11:35 am   Permalink

Hey CheekyTiki, I have finaly joined...

What a night! Meeting Shag, taking in his gorgeous art, the colours are so vivid and he is a great bloke too, happy to chat, happy to sign. The venue was really cool (great bar CheekyTiki) with an excllent dj (who was she?) Then at the aftershow party I got to meet CheekyTiki and his better half, Louise and me had a great time, cheers! Looking forward to the next batch of pics.

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 12:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikispecs good to have another Britiki on board. I'm not too far from you in Andover.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 3:40 pm   Permalink

OK - finally got onto Shutterfly. Here's a few pics:

Shag helps celebrate a bloke from the gallery's birthday.

Some of the British Tiki Central gang. You'll know
Kon-Hemsby and Cheekytiki.

Checking out the tapa cloth

Yours truly and Shag in front of one of his originals

One of Cheekytiki's carvings - seen previously on Tiki Central

The Shag/Tiki/Cake thing

All washed down with non-stop free Mai Tai's that continued into the night at Trailer Happiness. (Photos and review to follow) What a great evening!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-04 06:35 am   Permalink

Hi Kon-Hemsby, and I work in Romsey so closer still. Its great to be aboard. Pics look great Trader Woody. A top event.

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Scoreboard!

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-22 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-19 13:52, Jax Tiki wrote:

This is a great pic. Woody, you look just like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the best gift you could've ever hoped for. Classic.

But I'm wondering...where the hell is your left hand and why does Shag have that strange inscrutable smile??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation