FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Don't mess with tikifish!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Don't mess with tikifish!
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-11 08:27, Tiki-Toa wrote:
I think I need help with this...

Toa...

Didn't you read the title of this thread?

Don't mess with Tikifish!

Jimmy Hoffa messed with Tikifish once. ONCE.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-11 08:27, Tiki-Toa wrote:
"Hi! I'm Fishstick. I'm a graduate Ontario College of Art, but now I work as a copywriter at a big bad advertising agency. I'm really quite a nice person despite all that, and I like avocados a lot. Thankyou."

"Note: this illustration was swiped from Michiko (whose fabulous drawings can be found at http://www.michiko.com). I altered it some to look like me. May the gods of copyright (and Michiko) have mercy on my soul."

So Jane what I gather here is that it is not ok to copy pictures that you copied from a book, BUT it is ok to take another artists image change it to look like you and not ask permission. I think I need help with this, is this double standard? I can understand your being upset about someone hotlinking to your pictures but you took an artists art and changed it, if that was Shag I wonder what would happen.

Three really big differences here:

1. Tikifish is not seeking to gain anything financially through the use of this graphic. As a matter of fact, it's kinda buried at her site.

2. Tikifish completely fesses up in clear plain text right next to the picture that this graphic is borrowed from Michiko, and even directs people to Michiko's website.

3. Most importantly, while Tikifish makes with the funny about Michiko having mercy on her, my understanding is that Michiko actually *has* given her okay on Tikifish using her graphic.

That's all a world away from a lazy seller stealing Tikifish's text and pictures.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 1:01 pm   Permalink

Drop the question of the content of the pictures themselves and consider the fact that the seller stole BANDWIDTH from tikifish by hot linking off her server.

Anyone who pays for a server knows that bandwidth costs money, so hot linking the images is stealing MONEY. Cold, hard cash.

Was that your little auction, Toa?

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 1:18 pm   Permalink

Nope. Not at all Muggler. Pappa-tiki is my ebay name feel free to check. And my aim was to make light of the topic, and believe me I have learned not to mess with moderator fish.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 3:10 pm   Permalink

Actually, yes, Michiko gave me permission to use that picture. Just so you know.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 4:43 pm   Permalink

I have been using Ebay almost since their beginning - I started in late 1997 or so. I cannot believe it never occured to me to change my pix to something naughty after someone else hijacked my image links. I just got mad and fumed for a while.

Jane, you never cease to amaze me.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 5:54 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:21 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 6:53 pm   Permalink

Friends of tikifish prepare to set Tiki Toa straight on the exact meaning of "hot linking."

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 07:05 am   Permalink

damn hot flashes!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 07:31 am   Permalink

The wild sin cruise of the prrincesses of love? SIGN ME UP!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 09:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-13 07:31, tikifish wrote:
The wild sin cruise of the prrincesses of love? SIGN ME UP!

Can I watch?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation