FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Funny Little Gay Hawaiian Chant...
Funny Little Gay Hawaiian Chant...
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 07:21 am   Permalink

...or, WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GO NEAR THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT AFTER CONSUMING INTOXICATING ADULT BEVERAGES!

Enjoy!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Hawaiian_War_Chant_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

A hui hou,
Kanekila

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 5:40 pm   Permalink

Great old sound.
You guys play and sing well together.

Looking forward to seeing you 'live' again.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Pardon my ignorance, but just who is playing? It's great! Is there a CD floating around anywhere? Thanks.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 2:28 pm   Permalink

i have to admit i expected somthing more like a metrosexual dance beat with hawaiian stuff, based on the thread title my misconception was blown away by the coolness of the song. i almost expected to hear vinyl crackles and pops in there classic!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 3:41 pm   Permalink

Oh that's great!

Just the thing to get my toes tappping this October afternoon!

Mahalo!!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 4:02 pm   Permalink

Once again, You guys rock! give us the cd now! We can not wait..Thanks for the tunes...

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:17 pm   Permalink

Who are you? Where do you play? Must....find....out!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:52 pm   Permalink

Great stuff! Thanks much.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 12:31 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone -- thanks to all of you for the nice comments. This is another Haole Kats!!! cut. It was pretty much just one take, and not really trying to be particularly uptight or anal about getting everything "perfect." Maybe that's the key? Also, I think it's the resonator steel guitar, and of course, the upright bass that really give it that old-time sound.

This, along with several other tunes will go on our short Hawaiian CD that we're trying to get together. We hope to have it done soon.

Glad to hear some folks out there are diggin' it.

Mahalo!
Kanekila

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 2:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-11 07:21, Kanekila wrote:
...or, WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GO NEAR THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT AFTER CONSUMING INTOXICATING ADULT BEVERAGES!

Enjoy!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Hawaiian_War_Chant_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

A hui hou,
Kanekila

Cool! Jez like the old days Waikiki 60's!
Luv the tiki ruff mix mp3, too!

Eh. but,
Where was the tahitian and maori jpegs shot?

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiKing
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-28 2:47 pm   Permalink

Guys - you r AWESOME!!! ANd I don't hand out musical compliments easily. I've been out of the music scene (performing) for the past year, just to clear my head and to allow myself to fall in love with being a musician again. You guys are helping. Please let me know if you ever plan to come to O'ahu. Would love to see you live.

TK

View Profile of TheTikiKing Send a personal message to TheTikiKing  Email TheTikiKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 10:06 am   Permalink

Kanekila,

That's awesome! Very authentic I wouldn't change a thing. HWC is one of my all time favorites along with Duke Kamoku's Pagan Love Song! Have you guys ever covered Pagan Love Song? I'd love to hear more

-FB

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation