FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » James T "Tiki Road Trip" in SF Nov. 11/4-11/7/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
James T "Tiki Road Trip" in SF Nov. 11/4-11/7/04
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-01 11:54 am   Permalink

Saturday , November 6 will possibly be the LAST time I will have a public showing of the world famous Ugh House bar, "The Enchanted Drinking Room". The party will start at 8pm.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-05 19:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-08 10:41 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 1:21 pm   Permalink

Mrsmiley,
Great to party with you again at Hooptylau!
If Vics is open, I'm there.
Would like to have a drink there before the show. No hard liquor at the Speakeasy
I wish I could make it Saturday.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-11-01 13:22 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 1:04 pm   Permalink

OK, I finally got word that S.F. Trader Vics opens tomorrow (Wed.).
I will be going to Vics Thurs. night before the show around 6:00. Show starts at 9:00.
I hope some of you will join me.
I will take some pics for those who can’t get there.
Aloha!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:13 pm   Permalink

The manager of TVics here in Chicago confirmed for me that the SF location will be open before Friday.

Due to logistics in Bruce and Jen's schedules, it looks like the plan now is to do Conga Lounge before the Thursday night event, and to do TVics SF on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-02 16:13, tikibars wrote:
Due to logistics in Bruce and Jen's schedules, it looks like the plan now is to do Conga Lounge before the Thursday night event, and to do TVics SF on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

How about Vic's Emeryville Thursday before the movie and Conga after the movie (it should be open late)?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-02 16:37, thejab wrote:
Quote:

How about Vic's Emeryville Thursday before the movie and Conga after the movie (it should be open late)?

How about Conga before the movie and all of the bay area vics friday night?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2004-11-02 5:47 pm   Permalink

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-08 10:43 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 12:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

(Sorry Unga)

No sweat. I have a one shot window (one day) to see the new Vics. Not gonna miss it. I like the Conga, just don't have the time.
We'll all connect at the Speakeasy for some Tikibars and Pimento!

mrsmiley

Posted: 2004-11-03 6:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Due to logistics in schedules, it looks like the plan now is to do Conga Lounge before the Thursday night event at the Parkway Theater in Oakland, and to do TVics SF on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all then.

Ok , How about 7pm Friday Nov. 5 at Trader Vics in SF- 555 Golden Gate Ave near Van Ness! And maybe more places after that.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-03 18:23 ]

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-03 6:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Madame Miley, thanks for sending the alert that TVics is open already! Fri eve sounds good for TVics; we've gotta split early though (Nancy Sinatra plus Thee Barbary Coasters!).

And welcome back to town, JT! Thrillville, a new TVics, UGH, what more could anybody ask for? We're hoping to pull the hat trick too.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 8:27 pm   Permalink

Glad you're coming out Randy.

So, to clarify for everyone, I guess the official schedule is:

Thursday: Conga Lounge, 7 PM, then Parkway Speakeasy

Friday: Trader Vic's, 7 PM, then...?

Saturday: Ugh House party, 8PM.

Rockin'!
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-04 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-03 00:53, Unga Bunga wrote:
I have a one shot window (one day) to see the new Vics. Not gonna miss it.

Kevin, if you want to come by my place on the way to SF and pick up your fish trap lamp, check your email for my phone number!

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,300 photos!
www.tradervic.com
www.tikiroom.net
www.tikimug.net
www.tikimugs.net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula on 2004-11-04 10:12 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-03 18:17, mrsmiley wrote:
Ok , How about 7pm Friday Nov. 5 at Trader Vics in SF- 555 Golden Gate Ave near Van Ness!

Yes, it's on Golden Gate between Van Ness and Polk. I drove by there last night and noticed that there's no signage on the outside -- just look for the big liquor license application in the window.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2004-11-05 11:32 am   Permalink

Some of us will be at the new trader vic's tonight shortly after 6 pm, traffic permitting.

although honestly, I think I'm still drunk from last night! I banged my head on a chair last night getting ready for bed so I've got two different headaches now too!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:00 pm   Permalink

It was cool to see you again, DangerGirl! I have an assortment of headaches too...

I am going to Nancy S. tonight, but will stop by Vic's around 6:30 and hang for a bit--my friends at Bimbo's will hold me a spot at a good table!

multitasking tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation