FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events James T "Tiki Road Trip" in SF Nov. 11/4-11/7/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
James T "Tiki Road Trip" in SF Nov. 11/4-11/7/04
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 10:49, cynfulcynner wrote:
I drove by there last night and noticed that there's no signage on the outside -- just look for the big liquor license application in the window.

The liquor license application in the window is just a formality, right? Right? They are actually able to serve alcohol already, yes? I'm bringing a date there on Saturday night, and I was hoping to get him drunk and have my way with him.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 12:03, Humuhumu wrote:
The liquor license application in the window is just a formality, right? Right? They are actually able to serve alcohol already, yes?

Yes -- they have to post it publicly for a set period of time (I think it's 30 days) to warn the neighbors.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 12:06, cynfulcynner wrote:
Yes -- they have to post it publicly for a set period of time (I think it's 30 days) to warn the neighbors.

*whew!* Thanks!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 12:00, tikivixen wrote:
It was cool to see you again, DangerGirl! I have an assortment of headaches too...

I am going to Nancy S. tonight, but will stop by Vic's around 6:30 and hang for a bit--my friends at Bimbo's will hold me a spot at a good table!

multitasking tikivixen

Excellent! I will see you then for some "hair of the dog" ! Until then, I'll be a Suffering Bastard more or less...

-alcoholic-in-training Emma Peel

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 1:18 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to jump in and say it was greating meeting Tikibars and Ungabunga at the gig, and to thank everyone for coming - it was a pretty Tiki Central-intensive crowd overall. Otto made it as much of a Mai Tai evening as a Martini one, but personally I like mixing my drinks. I also dug how the Tiki Goddess ignored my request not to get overtly political,too. Those fiery Latinas, man - even dying their hair platinum doesn't douse the flames. Hope to see you at the Psychotronic Sea Show with Pollo Del Mar next Thurs 11/11 www.thrillville.net
Aloha.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-05 3:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks again Will- it was a great show. The Olive or Twist documentary is a quirky but informative one. Otto's bit is classic. More laughter at Hopeless Henry Tenenbaum, and of course the ever fantastic Project Pimento. Don't miss them at The Purple Orchid next weekend, southlanders!

But Will, I have to say that you broke my heart when you told everyone that the enchanting Miss Lola Bombay was a married woman now. My dreams were shattered. Then my jaw was shattered by my wife as she reminded me that I was married, too.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 12:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 15:57, martiki wrote:
But Will, I have to say that you broke my heart when you told everyone that the enchanting Miss Lola Bombay was a married woman now. My dreams were shattered.

AGREED!

Will,
Thanks for a great show and great meeting you too finally.
Great meeting Tikibars finally as well. This guy is cool.
And ditto for all my other TC friends I got to see again that night!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:33 am   Permalink

Did anyone make it to Trader Vic's tonight? I got there at 10:30 and didn't see any familiar faces.....

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 01:33, cynfulcynner wrote:

Did anyone make it to Trader Vic's tonight? I got there at 10:30 and didn't see any familiar faces.....

I arrived at around 7 and we stayed until about 9:30 or 10. After drinking a Trader Vic's Grog (excellent), a Pogo Stick (refreshing), and a Tortuga (quite tart), I figured I better have some dinner so we went to Original Joe's which is a bit more wallet-friendly than Trader Vic's. A big Joe's hamburger sobered me up enough to drive so we headed back to the East Bay and made a couple of stops for refreshments: Heinhold's First and Last Chance and then the Alley for a bit of Rod Dibble on the piano.

Aquarj and Naomi stopped in for a drink on the way to Nancy Sinatra.

The bartending staff are so friendly and attentive at this new location that it makes me want to visit often. Jim is the assistant bar manager who transferred from Emeryville. Sonja is back at Trader Vic's after working elsewhere for a while. They both have the drinks down pat while some of the newer staff still need some practice.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 7:03 pm   Permalink

Sorry I had to miss the fun at Vic's and Bimbo's yesterday evening, but a nasty car mishap sidelined me for the evening--and alas, my sacred Volvo is probably sidelined permanently. Crap.

A drink at the Ugh House might help with the whiplash, but even though I technically have a longterm loaner already, the thought of heading out on the freeway again so soon makes me feel kind of sick. So I will probably be a no-show, but..my thoughts will be with you all. Snif.

Humu dear, luckily your artwork was NOT riding with me last night, and it is in fact currently huddled nervously in the corner of my office. I have informed it that, most likely, the longed-for reuinion will occur down at Sam's on the 19th, unless you can swing a Vallejo side trip before you head home. Or something like that...meow. Back to the Advil...

XOX

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 08:22 am   Permalink

Tikivixen!

So glad you didn't check out on us this weekend! Sounds like your year is still a cr*p one like mine had been. Good luck with the car-borrowing and car-hunting. My nightmare in that one regard just ended Wednesday (after 3 months), but it ended with the car of my dreams. Ok, not a '57 Chevy in candy apple red. But I got a 4-yr-old, low miles, champagne Camry with a **sunroof** (affordable because of the dings from hail damage. I *kissed* the dings when I saw them (with a microscope, practically)). You should hear the Esquivel blasting out now!

Here's to 2005 - It canNOT get here fast enough, man! Here's to Tikivixen having lots of NICE things coming her way!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 01:33, cynfulcynner wrote:

I pooped out and couldn't make it Friday night. I had done too much drinking that weeke already!! I was rested enough to get the Ugh house in somewhat "Tipple"-top shape

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-08 11:46 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 11:53 am   Permalink

Thanks Unga for the "Doctor Funks's Son" at Trader Vics on Thursday and also for the ride to the Conga Lounge. Thanks also to the Conga Lounge folks for all the appetizers that they kept bringing to our table. Yum!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2004-11-08 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-08 11:53, mrsmiley wrote:
Thanks Unga for the "Doctor Funks's Son" at Trader Vics on Thursday and also for the ride to the Conga Lounge. Thanks also to the Conga Lounge folks for all the appetizers that they kept bringing to our table. Yum!!

and a special thanks to the conga lounge folks for making my 2 drinks so STRONG! I haven't seen double in YEARS! I hit my head later that evening, had a splitting headache, a neck ache, a tummy ache, and a fender bender the next day!!

that zombie and/or blue hawaiian should come with a disclaimer....

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-08 11:57, dangergirl299 wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-11-08 11:53, mrsmiley wrote:

and a special thanks to the conga lounge folks for making my 2 drinks so STRONG! I haven't seen double in YEARS! I hit my head later that evening, had a splitting headache, a neck ache, a tummy ache, and a fender bender the next day!!

that zombie and/or blue hawaiian should come with a disclaimer....

Sounds like you better talk to a laywer!! (tee-hee)
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation