FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel San Francisco & East bay Area favorite (often vintage) restaurant & bars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
San Francisco & East bay Area favorite (often vintage) restaurant & bars
Hilda1

Posted: 2009-03-24 08:54 am   Permalink

Thanks for your tips - i wanna visit San Fran for my holidays in April - just 2 weeks left - I'm soo excited!!

View Profile of Hilda1 Send a personal message to Hilda1      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-08 6:37 pm   Permalink

bump for the tiki crawl folks!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 9:33 pm   Permalink

Went to The Rickhouse in the financial district on Saturday. Excellent cocktails. Cool surroundings. The folks behind Bourbon & Branch have another winner.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 1:49 pm   Permalink

to quote an old post

"If you haven't tried E & 0 Trading Co. 314 Sutter Street, S.F. please do so. The drinks are strong and delicious, and the corn fritters are pretty good too."

We hit this place a couple of years ago and I fell in love with their Tiger Paw cocktail. I believe it had a splash of Kahlua in it. If anyone knows their recipe PM me please.

I really do need to spend some time in the city checking out all the cool places. Thanks for the list.

So close, but yet, so far.......

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-08 10:58 pm   Permalink

How about Smuggler's Cove?
Is it a must see???
(B)650 Gough Street(at McAllister)5pm to closing daily
http://smugglerscovesf.com/trapdoor/

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2013-12-15 23:57 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-12 11:30 pm   Permalink

bump

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-30 11:53 pm   Permalink

My original post updated to reflect general neighbnorhoods....

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-29 11:30 pm   Permalink

Updated my original post to add TOSCA - SF institution that may close! NOTE- It did close for a little bit. Reopened with food and much higher prices. I haven't been to the new version yet.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2013-12-15 23:59 ]

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-07 5:44 pm   Permalink

Removed a couple places that have since closed...
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-07 8:55 pm   Permalink

Can any of the locals tell me about this place called Tadich Grill on California Street, would you recommend it?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-09 10:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-07 20:55, hiltiki wrote:
Can any of the locals tell me about this place called Tadich Grill on California Street, would you recommend it?

My friend, Thejab has been there more often and more recently than I have ( I moved away about 7 years ago). He HIGHLY recommends it -without a doubt!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-16 12:02 am   Permalink

I can't wait to return-and I know where to stay! We came across The Royal Pacific Motor Inn on Broadway near Columbus- right at the Chinatown / North Beach border. Walkable to the Tonga Room and any part of North Beach and Chinatown. We paid about $115 with free parking, but worth it to be near the action! http://royalpacificmotorinn.com/

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-16 04:46 am   Permalink

It's a crime to go to San Francisco and not go to Smugglers Cove!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 11:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-07 20:55, hiltiki wrote:

Some say the Tadich Grill is the oldest restaurant in San Francisco. Others say it is the current restaurant with the freshest fish. It certainly is a well-known institution.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation