FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Beachin says: Wanna know where I've been?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Beachin says: Wanna know where I've been?
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-21 09:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

www.samgambino.com

I went back to your website today. I had liked what I saw a few months ago and wanted to see if you had anything new.

Did you do Bacon recently? I don't remember seeing that one before. I LOVE it! Verrrrry Creepy! Great stuff!

Kimberly

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 3:35 pm   Permalink

This is my latest project. It's only been bisque-fired so far, but the glazing will start this week. It's a naga (guards temples) and I haven't named it yet.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 3:52 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on your sale! Way to go!

I love your new creation too, he's really cute! I can't wait to see what colours he turns out to be!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 4:31 pm   Permalink

Beachin,

Tried to email using the links on the sight and got an invalid address. Must have missed the topic. Love some of the new stuff. Let me know if ya'll are still planning on coming to NO.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 5:00 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Beachin!

I can't imagine trying to make it as a full time artist. Keep it up! Here's to many more sales, each one better & better!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 5:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-16 16:31, tiki410 wrote:
Beachin,

Tried to email using the links on the sight and got an invalid address. Must have missed the topic. Love some of the new stuff. Let me know if ya'll are still planning on coming to NO.

OH NO! I'll have to check that email address! Maybe I put something in wrong! I'm at
kimberlycoburn@yahoo

As far as NO is concerned, I haven't been there since last summer. I'm off soon for Spring Break, so maybe we can bring over some Rum then and visit in person!

My spring break is March 19-27. As far as I know we're not going anywhere. I'm saving up to go to the OASIS in May for a couple of days.

Let me know if that'll be ok with you!

beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-16 15:52, Tikiwahine wrote:
Congratulations on your sale! Way to go!

I love your new creation too, he's really cute! I can't wait to see what colours he turns out to be!

Thanks a million! He'll probably have a lot of greens and yellows with a little blue accent. I'll post pics when he's done. Gee, he really needs a name. All of my other creations have names!

beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 5:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-16 17:00, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Congrats, Beachin!

I can't imagine trying to make it as a full time artist. Keep it up! Here's to many more sales, each one better & better!

Aaron

Thanks! It's not easy...believe me! I'm in school full-time, too, so there's that added distraction.

On another topic, I discussed how hard it is for me to make decisions about business matters, who to trust, and how much I generally hate being the business manager as well as the artist.

If I had my druthers, I would just make art all day long, but my ambition is to be a KNOWN artist, not just an artist. On that, I will not waver. I want my name out there and my art in other people's homes, not my own.

It's not a greed thing, cuz my prices are low, low, low, and I really don't make much money at all. It's more the fact that I want people to enjoy my art as much as I do.

I'm getting there one sale at a time, though. I've had some good publicity locally and nationally and that helps.

Thanks for the support! I don't know what I would do without this forum. It's become my major support basis, as it's the only place I know of where so many like-minded artists hang out. I like it here.

tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 05:08 am   Permalink

Marked the dates in the calender. Looking forward to it.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 08:08 am   Permalink

Way to go Beachin, glad to see you doing well. I Really like this latest piece. It may be your Best yet. Keep it up

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 5:53 pm   Permalink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beachin on 2005-03-27 17:47 ]</font>

For those of you who follow my art and my (attempt to build a) business, I sold a piece of art this week for $350! I'm excited because this was my biggest sale as an artist! Go me!

Also, just want to shout out a general thanks to all of you in this forum for being so supportive. You guys are so wonderfully great!

So, without further adieu, I give you a photo of my most recently sold piece (it's not the best pic, but I'm still learning how to use my new-fangled digicam):

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Beachin-

Congratulations. That's a nice piece. I enjoy taking something old and making a new art piece out of it. You did a fine job. Keep up the great work!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 6:44 pm   Permalink

You did a fine job. Keep up the great work!

Why thank you Sir Sam. I'm workin' on blowing the socks off of every tiki from here to Tonga. I'm gonna do it too!

It might cost me dearly, but I've found there's no such thing as overnight success.

Haven't been to your site in a few weeks...I'll have to check out what you've been doing.

see ya

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation