FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Pollo Del Mar and The Sand Devils, Nov 5th, San Diego
Pollo Del Mar and The Sand Devils, Nov 5th, San Diego
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 10:28 pm   Permalink

Hi Folks,
Pollo Del Mar (Psychedelic surf music from San Francisco), and The Sand Devils (my new surf band) will be playing Friday, Nov 5th, 2004 at the Whistle Stop Bar in San Diego, 9:00 pm.
The Whistle Stop is located at 2236 Fern St (30th & Juniper) San Diego.

You can see the flyer here at shutterfly (but unfortunately shutterfly over cropped it):
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4ce30b3127ccea830795121280000002610

Hoping to see you there.
This is my new band's first official gig, so it would be nice to have some support from fellow TC members, plus Pollo Del Mar are great . I really enjoyed seeing them live, and I'm pretty sure they're going to give an excellent performance in this visit to SD.
This gig is part of their CA tour, so check out their website http://www.pollodelmar.com if you want to catch them somewhere else than SD.

Mahalo,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-11 11:22 pm   Permalink

KTR,

Congrats on your first official gig with your new band. Wish I could make it, but PLEASE keep us posted on other gigs.

Best of luck to you & knock 'em dead.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 07:58 am   Permalink

Ran,
I'm going to try and make this one. Will there be a meet up before or after?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 08:44 am   Permalink

The "NEW" Lagoon Room should be open by then, and we are centraly located for those traveling from OC or LA.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 11:51 am   Permalink

PolyPop - I suggest a meet-up after the show, as usually before shows I'm pre-occupied (read - I'm an obnoxious nervous wreck). After the show is a perfect time to unwind with fellow Tiki centralites.

In addition to AlnShely's gracious offer, there should be some couch/floor space at our place, although Tiki Bird, Utopian Dream and the Velours have first dibs on those. PM or e-mail to co-ordinate.

Thanks for considering attending...

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 12:37 pm   Permalink

My Mother-in-Law's going to be in town starting that week, I think I may have to make an appearance just to get away from her... Yes, Freddie may show up at two events in one year! The only bad thing is I'll have to wake up at 5 AM Saturday Morning & drive to Pomona to pick up my Gran'daughter, then visit people in LA, then drive back to San Diego that evening.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 6:12 pm   Permalink

I just noticed that I forgot to mention that there's no cover charge...so it's a good excuse to bump this.

Mahalo,
Ran

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 8:14 pm   Permalink

Oh man I bet this is going to be a great show! Have a good time Ran! Any samples of some tunes any time soon?
Pollo is an awesome band and some good guys! Highly Recomended, wish I could be there.
On a separate tangent: Whatever happen to the flying cars we were suppose to have in this so called "future"

Chongolio

P.S And where is my foil suit?!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 07:58 am   Permalink

Alright,
Who's going? I'm sorry, The Lagoon Room is still down. Someone's welcome to the guestroom.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 09:28 am   Permalink

Here's a link to a map for directions to the Whistle Stop.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:20 am   Permalink

Did anyone see the Sand Devils? Wish we could have made it.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-07 10:34 am   Permalink

Unfortunately not (sorry Ran). I've had so much "teenage drama" going on at my house this week I don't even know what day it is! I'm ready to jump into that Back To The Future Delorean and go back to 1981 and get a visectomy.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 11:04 am   Permalink

Ran, how did the show go? Unfortunately I was stuck unloading a moving van 'til 9 PM & couldn't make it to see the band.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation