[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki free tiki mug from Fender
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
free tiki mug from Fender
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 10:37 pm   Permalink

Okay... this is one big ass mug. I would say it holds at least 30 ounces! I might have to buy some more shirts from Fender to get another one.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
polynesian posh boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-14 12:55 pm   Permalink

Gotta a pair of mugs coming my way. I really dug the SHAG t-shirt and last night I showed it to my wife. The next thing I know she pulls out the credit card and says Happy Birthday. I tried going further by trying to get her to open the jazzmaster page but no luck. Maybe when I turn 40, I'll have the guitar of my dreams. I'll toast Tiki Central with the 1st drinks out of the mug. This is my favorite site I visit by far. It is so full of fun.

View Profile of polynesian posh boy Send a personal message to polynesian posh boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-14 12:55, polynesian posh boy wrote:
Gotta a pair of mugs coming my way. I really dug the SHAG t-shirt and last night I showed it to my wife. The next thing I know she pulls out the credit card and says Happy Birthday. I tried going further by trying to get her to open the jazzmaster page but no luck. Maybe when I turn 40, I'll have the guitar of my dreams.

Congrats and Happy Birthday to ya!

If you're into DIY guitar-building, I heartily recommend Warmoth necks and bodies:

http://www.warmoth.com/

I've got three Telecaster variants I build from Warmoth parts and they're as good or better than anything I could afford from Fender.

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
polynesian posh boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-14 2:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the Warmoth info but I am not a luthier. I do have a Di Pinto Galaxie Custom that I really enjoy playing and it is stronger sounding in my mind than the Jazzmaster. Kinda a cross between the strat and the Jazz. I just love that Jazzmaster sound and one day I will get one. Gotta get the real mojo. American made. I am so tired of all the Japanesse repos. They look nice but at closer inspection all the hardware is inferiorly made and they don't end up sounding as well as the American. Cool band name Tweedtone, the Vodkanauts. And keep surfin' musically. Surf is the best music ever conceived.

View Profile of polynesian posh boy Send a personal message to polynesian posh boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Okay, who else ordered the "Fly Boy" shirt?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-14 17:42, Raffertiki wrote:
Okay, who else ordered the "Fly Boy" shirt?

... Hugh Hefner?

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kuuipo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-15 12:42 pm   Permalink

Okay - so this might date me, I met Freddie once at a gig one of my friends was doing. He is so awesome and his guitars have made history. Too cool to even hold a Fender guitar and but also to have the master teach me a few notes.

View Profile of kuuipo Send a personal message to kuuipo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-15 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-15 12:42, kuuipo wrote:
Okay - so this might date me, I met Freddie once at a gig one of my friends was doing. He is so awesome and his guitars have made history. Too cool to even hold a Fender guitar and but also to have the master teach me a few notes.

To quote Christopher Walken's The Continental character on SNL:

WOW-EEE-WOW-WOW!

Very, very cool.

Forrest White's Fender: The Inside Story is a great read for detail-obsessed geeks like me and it has a number of annecdotes recounting Freddie's gracious nature.

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation