FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Pariarts designer discusses never-finished Disney ride
Pariarts designer discusses never-finished Disney ride
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 08:40 am   Permalink

Our friend Paul Torrigino gives a detailed description of a ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom that never made it, The Dragon Tower. I've seen the concept sketches for this, and it would have been really unusual and well done. Which is of course why Disney management killed the project...

Read about it here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/mark/mg041013.htm

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 11:39 am   Permalink

Damn.

That sounds like it would have been amazing. I like the Loch Ness concept. I remember seeing the images he refers to in the article and I couldn't wait for it to open... To me, it would have been the best part of the park.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 11:44 am   Permalink

There are a ton of concepts out there for the various parks that never made it for one reason or another - it would make a fascinating book!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-10-13 11:49 am   Permalink

Where can I see concept sketches for the Dragon Tower? Are they anywhere on the internet? It sounds great. I suppose I shouldn't even ask and just try to Google it.

A book of Disney attractions that never materialized would be great!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-14 09:05 am   Permalink

There are no sketches of the Dragon Tower on the web to my knowledge (want to help out, Paul?) - but this review of Universals IOA shows what it might have looked like:
http://www.miceage.com/kevinyee/ky101404a.htm

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation