FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Kreepy Mug is now available
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Kreepy Mug is now available
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 11:07 pm   Permalink

Hello,

As promised, here is the pic of the knock-off Kreepy mug. Actually, I have 2. One is Brown, which I don't think was a colour yet mentioned. Anyway, you'll notice that the knock-off is different in that it has far less detail, and the white mug is glazed black inside:..

I went back and double-checked the other mugs I got from Zellers this summer and guess what?

They weren't Munktiki but they were definately their designs:

Crazy huh?

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret on 2004-10-16 23:12 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 02:01 am   Permalink

I have a green El Diablo too and two of the shot glasses done in green. I got all three of them from Ms. Neilsen's store. They are genuine Munktiki's.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 06:27 am   Permalink

Atomicchick, where is Ms. Neilsen's store?

[ This Message was edited by: net-tiki on 2004-10-17 06:28 ]

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 09:59 am   Permalink

Slacks,
thanks for the pics. What do the bottom's of these mugs say?

Time to start typing those cease and desist letters. Unbelieveable.
Hmm actually now that I think about it. I think I actually put the physical copyrights through for the El Bastardo and Skull monkey designs. Thats not good for them.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:06 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:08 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:42 pm   Permalink

I didn't get the mugs at Munktiki's store, I got the mugs at Mrs. Neilsen's (Paul's wife/Stuckie's mom) store like I stated earlier. The store is in Carmel.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-17 06:27, net-tiki wrote:
Atomicchick, where is Ms. Neilsen's store?

Vanities is on Ocean Blvd. in Carmel,CA

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:08 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 12:56 pm   Permalink

so what exactly is zellers in canada? is this a chain store, and are these mugs marked in any fashion on the bottom? what price are they selling them for?

it does appear that they are not as crisp, and also a little shinier than the real munktikis.

stuckie~ i hope you and paul really stick it to 'em.

and if you ever find yourself in sleepy carmel, you simply must visit vanities.....debra AND yoko run a fine store. (but watch out for debra--she is quite the saleslady...leave plastic at home!)

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-17 2:52 pm   Permalink

I checked the "Zellers" website but I didn't come across any of the mugs.

http://www.hbc.com/zellers/

*edit* I found the site yesterday before the pics were posted on this thread. Wanted to compare the two mugs. Not lookin for a deal!

[ This Message was edited by: yumyumkid on 2004-10-17 14:56 ]

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 8:43 pm   Permalink

Hi Stuckie,

I don't have the labels that were on the bottom of these mugs anymore. They were quite cumbersome and didn't really have much info on them anyway. There is nothing idented on the bottom.

I think they were made in China, and the name of the company was something like Garden Trends or Zen Gardens. I dunno, I could be way off on that...

Sorry I can't be more help.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kimcheebref
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-17 11:39 pm   Permalink

I think that sombody is in deep doo-doo.

[ This Message was edited by: kimcheebref on 2004-10-17 23:41 ]

View Profile of kimcheebref Send a personal message to kimcheebref  Email kimcheebref     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 11:35 am   Permalink

I got a Red and a Yellow one on the way! They'll look soooo cool next to my Black & White Wannabe Bastards!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kimcheebref
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-22 10:51 am   Permalink

I just got mine today, that suka's big!! Thanks Paul and Stuckie for another great mug!!!

View Profile of kimcheebref Send a personal message to kimcheebref  Email kimcheebref     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-22 11:28 am   Permalink

Amazing! Their website says that Kreepy is already sold out.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation