FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events hukilau 2005 - decided!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
hukilau 2005 - decided!!!
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 11:19 pm   Permalink

Well, speaking from a purely selfish point of view here for a moment- I absolutely want to do FL in 2006 for the 50th- BUT, having just Florida-ed extensively, it's doubtful we'd be back to FL next year.

Chicago next year- though, is a real likely possibility. And I might be able to bring along a few friends. Whether it gets called Hukilau or Exotica or whatever, we'd LOVE to see another event in Chicago- with one caveat- Tiki transportation.

We did Exotica and had a FANTASTIC time- absolutely LOVED it- and could have, if anything, used even more time at the many Chicago venues. Chicago is a treasure trove! But what made it both enjoyable and ultimately more possible for us was the wondrous service of the hardworking Tiki Transports crew. I don't know that we'd do Chicago without similar.

So my vote (& Mikes) Chicago of some sort next year, Ft. Lauderdale to celebrate with and congradulate the Mai Kai the year after.

One final suggestion- one of the high points of Mondo Tiki in Vegas for us was the neon and old vegas tour, perhaps there's some way to combine the Chicago Tiki Transportation with the historial 'mod tourism' aspects to come up with some completely imersive to and from tiki traveling...

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-18 07:41 am   Permalink

I'd vote for Hukilau in Ft.Lauderdale or Orlando (Polynesian Hotel or the Royal Pacific Hotel). I'm happy to see an event in FL. If Chicago already has it's own yearly event, why not try to establish one that remains in FL or another southeastern state? I live in FL and have family in Chicago so either venue works for me. If it remains in FL, why not consider moving it to October when the storm season has calmed down a bit?

View Profile of Tiki Diva Send a personal message to Tiki Diva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 4:20 pm   Permalink

I know that everyone has been waiting for an announcement on this thread for quite some time and I apologize that we haven't quite come to a decision of sorts yet. We will definitely have an answer for you regarding Hukilau and Exotica before the beginning of next week.

Thanks for your patience and for everyone's kind and generous words.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 12:02 am   Permalink

Just chiming in a bit late to say that Hukilau last year was one of the loveliest times I've ever had. Completely magical and fun and unforgettable. Even without exciting weather! I'm sorry I missed this year, despite the trials and tribulations you all went through. I'd still love to have been there--Kiliki and Swanky are two of the finest hosts imaginable.

I can't imagine Hukilau anywhere but the Mai Kai, personally...but that's just my two cents. If I can, I'll go to whatever happens in Chicago AND Hukilau too, if they are indeed different events.

Best of luck to you guys and congrats on the excellent EBay returns! You deserve it.

xox tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 05:57 am   Permalink

A. Chicago please!! I know I won't have enough cash to make it to FL and buy a bunch of stuff! Having it in Chicago would make it very close and affordable for me.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-22 06:40 am   Permalink

Hope I'm not too late for the vote...

B - keep it at the Mai-Kai!

View Profile of gatorjwade Send a personal message to gatorjwade  Email gatorjwade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 6:09 pm   Permalink

Chicago!!! Much closer for me. I love Chicago anyway's.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 7:45 pm   Permalink

I share great sympathy with those who could not return to FL next year, cuz I couldn't make it Chicago unless I won the lottery

Are each of the venues in Chicago going be able to hold hundreds of TCers?

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-11-22 19:46 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 09:13 am   Permalink

MAI KAI

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 11:00 am   Permalink

A. Chicago in 2005 all the way!!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 6:10 pm   Permalink

Ft. Lauderdale or Chicago - why not have both!

First of all I want to thank each and every one of you for your comments, concerns, kind words and patience.

This has been a difficult decision to make for several reasons. The most important of which is how I feel about the Mai Kai and the people there that are now a part of my family and yours. It's hard to beat the relationship that we've formed and the ohana spirit that surrounds you as you walk through the doors.

I am happy to announce that Hukilau will remain at the Mai Kai where we belong. As Humuhumu stated before, we did originally desire for Hukilau to travel to various Tiki destinations but what we didn't expect was how we were received by the Mai Kai. This is a decision of the heart.

Everyone will be happy to know that Exotica is still planned for 2005 in Chicago! Duke and Amy Carter are busy planning for next year and will announce details very soon! Many thanks to Duke for his words of wisdom - I can't wait to join you guys next year!

The dates for Hukilau 2005 will be announced in the near future and we're working on the line up as we speak. You'll never imagine what I've got up my sleeve.

Thanks again for everything and we're goin' to a Hukilau, a huki huki huki huki Hukilau!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 6:11 pm   Permalink

YAY!!!!! I am looking forward to everything next year!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:34 pm   Permalink

Good choice and for the right reasons.

The Mai Kai went over the top for us this year and deserve a full dose of the vibe we can bring.

And please make sure that Flounder is in a different motel than I am.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-24 18:10, tiki_kiliki wrote:
You'll never imagine what I've got up my sleeve.

An arm?

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 2:36 pm   Permalink

Mai Kai in 05!

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation