[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Florida tiki calendar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Florida tiki calendar
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 8:38 pm   Permalink

Vodkanauts are playing Wai-Tiki on October 22.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-16 8:50 pm   Permalink

Who wants to do a Florida ohana party at the Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach, and is the weekend of January 22, 2005 good for you? A few of us talked about it at the Hukilau and said we should do it again. If there is enough interest, Marian and I will set it up.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-10-16 20:50 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 07:13 am   Permalink

Geoff,
Katie & I and the boys would be up for another Hawaiian Inn luau. We had a great time at the last one.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 10:34 am   Permalink

Thanks for da pimpin', Kailuageoff!

A return to the Hawaiian Inn sounds great! The wahine and I really enjoyed being able to meet, hang and chat with the FLA ohana.

Unfortunately, my keyboard player will be out of the country until Feb 1st - any interest in doing htis in February ..?

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-17 10:54 am   Permalink

We'll be there! (whenever you set it up)...
Can't wait!
Good to see you all at the IBDWaikiki show at the WaiTiki a few weeks ago (sorry about the belated post)...

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 11:04 am   Permalink

If you would like, I can set up a forum for Florida Tiki on the Hukilau message board with you as moderator. You could point everyone there and it might be easier to find. Just a thought.

http://forums.thehukilau.com

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 7:00 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the interest in an early 2005 Florida ohana gathering at the Hawaiian Inn.

Last year we managed to squeeze in a party in Pablus' suite, a cocktail hour at Julian's as well as Teauila's luau and show. This year I am wondering if anybody wants to start the party earlier in the day and have vending space? The Hawaiian Inn has a meeting room where we could set up Saturday morning, and adjourn there after the show.

If we keep it pretty well limited to TCers, we could blend up some Polynesian punch, play exotica music, etc. and not have to wedge ourselves into Pablus' room -- He still needs to be in charge of the mixology, however.

We still need to hear from NeptuneTiki, Cybertiki, Pablus, Flounder, and Benzart, plus others that were with us last year or at the Hukilau.

(Swanky: thanks for offering your site, but I don't think a separate forum is necessary. My approach last January and the way I would do it again in 2005 is to basically reach an agreement on TC for a bunch of us to all show up at the Hawaiian Inn at the same time with a bottle of our favorite rum. Since you are so close, you, Christie and BK should come to.)

KG

[ This Message was edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-10-17 19:09 ]

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-17 8:28 pm   Permalink

I'm in.

But only if someone - ANYONE - goes down to the beach with me for a midnight swim.

Last year, I walked out to shore alone with 2 drinks and sat there for an half an hour waiting on someone to show up.
Then I got thirsty again.

That just won't do.
Are we allowed to have a fire on the beach there?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 08:40 am   Permalink

Pablus,
You da man, but unfortunately there are no fires on the beach. In January the only people swimming in the ocean are Canadians, however, I hereby promise to do the polar bear swim with you in 2005. If we can find a petite wet suit, maybe Flounder will join us.

Last year it was kind of weird that some people were passing out before the show started. With that in mind here's new rule #1: No brownies until after the show.

I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11388&forum=4

for the 2005 Hawaiian Inn party, so this thread can remain a posting place for tiki things going on in Florida.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-10-18 09:34 ]

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 11:21 am   Permalink

Is anyone thinking of going to the Mai Kai on New Years Eve? I am about 99% sure that I'm going and wanted to see if some of you were up for it.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lealani

Posted: 2004-10-18 11:34 am   Permalink

I was actually thinking about doing the Mai Kai for New Years, since I will probably be in South Florida visiting my parents at that time anyways.

View Profile of Lealani Send a personal message to Lealani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 3:29 pm   Permalink

Hmm. Maybe I can swing it. I need to come up with a destination between here and Daytona to make as the first stop on the way. Maybe Hale Tiki and BK. Then make a shorter trip on down to Daytona. I just found 3 Hawaiian Inn Leilani's in the last week and a half up here. Maybe they need to visit home!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cybertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-23 08:54 am   Permalink

I'm up for another Hawaiin Inn get-together. This time around, I'll strive to remain conscious through the entire event!

Cheers!

http://www.cybertiki.com

View Profile of cybertiki Send a personal message to cybertiki  Email cybertiki Goto the website of cybertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-23 11:25 am   Permalink

I will be living in Ocala by next month, my wife and I are getting out of Broward County. I hear Daytona is not to far, I have never been there. I made friends with Cybertiki, and Flounder already. I was unable to get to the after party at Hukilau because of the Hurricane preparations I had to make at the house, I was really looking forward to meeting Pablus, and other Floridians as well. Count me in if it happens, and keep us posted.

Aaron

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-23 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-23 08:54, cybertiki wrote:
I'm up for another Hawaiin Inn get-together. This time around, I'll strive to remain conscious through the entire event!

Cheers!

As apposed to the first half an hour.

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-10-23 13:12 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation