FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2005 Hawaiian Inn party, Daytona Beach, January 22
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
2005 Hawaiian Inn party, Daytona Beach, January 22
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 09:32 am   Permalink

This thread is for information on the third annual Florida Ohana Luau at the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona Beach.

This is a very informal event and is intended as a chance for the Florida tiki-obsessed to meet, relax and party at one of the best Polynesian Pop culture sites in the state. Other TCers are welcome.

The date is Saturday, January 22.

As in previous years everyone is responsible for their own reservations.

For hotel information and reservations, go here:
http://www.hawaiianinn.com/

For dinner and show reservations, go here:
http://www.teauilashawaii.com/index.htm

The following TC members have already indicated they and their significant others plan to attend:

JTD - Jacksonville
Tweedtone - Tampa
JonPez- Orlando
Pablus - Tampa
KailuaGeoff - Orlando

If you intend to join us, please post below and indicate whether you have an interest in vending, and if you would be wiiling to help out with food and beverages for a private party before and after the luau and show.

I'll post more details as the date gets nearer. If you have questions better asked off-line, e-mail me at geoffsun@earthlink.net and write "Hawaiian Inn" in the subject line.
Mahalo & aloha,
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-10-18 09:42 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 2:49 pm   Permalink

Of course me and the wahine will be there.

Pablus, I will definitely hang on the beach with you this year. I kinda learned not to make the mistake I did last year before this event. Nudge nudge wink wink .

Swimming in January? Sure why not.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-24 7:39 pm   Permalink

Based on posts to the Florida Tiki Calendar thread we need to add:

Cybertiki and Joelle
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Neptune Tiki and Lezley

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-25 10:56 pm   Permalink

How far is Daytona from Lauderdale? (too wacked to look at a map!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 12:23 am   Permalink

Count me in, of course! Can't miss this gathering with my Florida 'ohana.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 07:38 am   Permalink

Daytona is probably about 5-6 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale, Ben.

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 12:51 pm   Permalink

According to AAA the estimated drive time from Ft. Lauderdale to Daytona Beach is 3 hours and 29 minutes. Distance is 238.8 miles.

Humuhumu two years in a row.... how sweet!

Note: My TC address says Hawaiian Inn, although I don't live there. It just feels like I do. I live about an hour away in Lake Mary, Florida.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-10-26 12:55 ]

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 10:15 pm   Permalink

Hmmm. 9+ hour drive from here. I am working on it. Maybe stop at Hale TIki for the night on the way and cut the drive in half? Wait, I drink free there for life. That might mean a rough morning... Yeah! That's the spirit!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cosmo Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-08 3:21 pm   Permalink

Will try to round up some of the south Florida Ohana... Been trying to get up there for a while.

View Profile of Cosmo Tiki Send a personal message to Cosmo Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 9:01 pm   Permalink

Wowie Zowie!!!! Cant wait for this one and it's not during hurricane season.
Do include Tiki Bree and Trader Trick as definite attendees.
What goodies do you want me to contribute to the party???

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 07:33 am   Permalink

Well perhaps Sherry and I can come up after all.Iwould love to make it so will try hard to get it sh=cheduled.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 08:22 am   Permalink

Hi there -

Very interested in the event...can you provide more specifics about what time everything starts? Any events on Sunday? I tried to e-mail you but it was bounced back. Thanks

View Profile of Tiki Diva Send a personal message to Tiki Diva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 2:10 pm   Permalink

Yes,please do pass along some form of schedule. I'm going to try to get the time off. Helps to know how many days to ask for.

Looking forward to meeting more of the hardcore Fl ohana

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 3:17 pm   Permalink

Bree--
Where have you been sweetheart!
Heck, I don't know what you should bring...
Bring Tristan.

Pablus and I will come up with a booze and food wishlist which we will post at the first of the year. Everyone can contribute something, I'm sure.

No one has asked me about vending anything, so I guess its okay to just be lazy and not bring work to this party.

The schedule is:

1) Drive or hitch a ride to the Hawaiian Inn on Friday Jan. 21 or Saturday Jan. 22.

1a) I'm thnking seriously about going on Friday and maybe having dinner at Julian's if anybody wants to do that.

2) We'll start partying at the Hawaiian Inn's poolside tiki bar when it opens at 11 on Saturday. Everyone except Cyber-Tiki that is. This year he must wait until it is closer to Happy Hour.

3) Move it into a room or rooms where we'll play our own music, mix drinks and talk story.

4) Sober up in the shower before the luau and show.

5)Do the luau show (Frank's bar opens at 5:30, dinner at 7, show at 8 ).

6)Hang out after the show.

7)Go swimming around midnight in the freezing Atlantic Ocean with Pablus, Flounder, KailuaGeoff and whoever else got suckered into this crazy commitment.

8 ) Force Pablus to tune his uke with frost-bitten fingers.

9) Have breakfast

10)Go home.

Sound like fun?

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-11-17 15:20 ]

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 6:30 pm   Permalink

Is it worthwile to come and fotograph ze Vitco zere?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation