FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why the media are fear mongers - ask me how!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Why the media are fear mongers - ask me how!
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 4:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-20 05:51, tikifish wrote:
Not only was SARS a fake fear mongering story, the fake fear mongering cost Toronto millions of dollars in lost tourist revenue, and screwed the city for an entire year.

So true tikifish, SARS killed us over here on the westcoast. It was horrible. Finally people are willing to travel again. Until the next "scare"

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 9:09 pm   Permalink

Dangergirl299 said: "according to Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" one of the factors (and I think this theory was initially posited by Marilyn Manson) of America having so much violent crime is because people are jumpy/scared due to the nature of the media egging on such fear (if it bleeds, it leads)."

Yeah...Micheal Moore would know! (Worthless slob.) I'm still in disbelief that anyone would pay to watch his propoganda bullcrap!

Drama sells! Bottom line. Good news is called "Fluff". "News" is what scares you into buying that newspaper or staying up to watch the ignorant, arrogant wanna-be celebrities on the eleven o'clock news.

I agree with Mr. Dollar...all the more reason to sink into an alternative world of exotic music, drim lights, bird calls, run-tainted drinks, colorful plants and scantly clad Polynesian beauties in hula skirts.

Just turn the tv off and the hi-fi on...slip on a Martin Denny or Les Baxter and let the otherwise 'educated' masses sit around with one of their thumbs up their arses and the other in their mouths, worried about who lied and why...and where the flu vacine is.

Lets face it, boys and girls, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE. Sorry, but it's the cold, hard truth. The only question is, are you going to live life for today OR are you going to sit around believing all the garbage that the media vomits at you?!

James Dean once said: "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

I say: He who dies with the most tiki mugs (in the eastern time zone) wins! Drink up!

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-10-20 9:50 pm   Permalink

Think for yourselves. TV is not the answer, it's the problem.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 10:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Yeah...Micheal Moore would know! (Worthless slob.) I'm still in disbelief that anyone would pay to watch his propoganda bullcrap!

Gee...how eloquent.

I'm wondering Stingray...did you actually see this movie or are you just dismissing something you haven't seen as propagandist 'bullcrap'? If you haven't seen it, I think you yourself may have actually been led to believe that the film sucked based on the propagandist (or 'propoganda'-your spelling) bullcrap you were fed.

[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc on 2004-10-20 23:03 ]

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-21 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-20 21:09, the75stingray wrote:Yeah...Micheal Moore would know! (Worthless slob.)

It seems to me that the majority of criticism I hear about Michael Moore is about his weight, his dress, or the fact that he's making money. This really bothers me because if you open your eyes a majority of Americans are overweight and dress very casually (sloppily in my personal opinion). He really looks like a typical American.

And people should be proud that he's making money - that's what the whole country is about: getting your piece of the pie! We practically worship wealthy people in this country. Furthermore, in 2003 he donated tens of thousands of dollars of his money to help out libraries.

You don't have to agree with his political beliefs but commenting on his appearance or income is hypocritical and irrelevant to any discussion about his films and books.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 12:16 pm   Permalink

Sting-ee -

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Job well-done! If we had more people like you we'd have less people like you

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation