FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Does anyone else think we need a extra forum just for ebay stuff, or is just me?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Does anyone else think we need a extra forum just for ebay stuff, or is just me?
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 11:15 am   Permalink

Well do you? It just seems that while it is great to see what is being offered, there is so many that are posting what they are offering that it seems to not be about what people are collecting or what they found while collecting.

Does anyone else think that we need to ask Hanford to add a "ebay forum"?

Or do you think it is great the way it is?

To follow up on this, I think maybe why this is so much a growing issue is the fact that some people are starting a new post for every item they have instead of making one post and then just adding items as they list them as is done by most I believe.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-10-20 16:01 ]

[edited by Hanford to remove the "ebay" tag]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-10-20 17:08 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 11:22 am   Permalink

It's probably a good idea now that there are so many of these posts these days. I'm always absent-mindedly clicking on them only to see a boring line of code to an auction that I could probably find on eBay anyway, (if I really wanted such an item).

There is a real danger of being swamped by this stuff.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 11:29 am   Permalink

hey toa....do we really need e-bay links
at all....i would assume that e-bayers
like myself always check the auctions
anyway. Plus..I think I stole a "pearl
of wisdom" print cuz it wasn't under a
"tiki" header...i've seen one in the last
week that went for fifty bucks more than
i paid...probably because it was listed
under tiki. the point i'm making is that
drawing attention to items in the tiki
forum probably makes the selling prices
climb....good for seller...but is it good
for us?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 1:04 pm   Permalink

I think its fine the way it is. There are alot of forums as it is in my opinion.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki bird on 2004-10-20 14:45 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

i think a 'trading post' forum is a good idea. it wld be a forum for posting ONLY items for sell or trade.

such blatant capitalism wld then be confined to one area (& leave the collecting forum for discussion about collecting) & you'd only go there if you're looking for stuff to buy/sell.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kimcheebref
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-20 1:32 pm   Permalink

I agree with Mr. Toa in having a separate forum, because it really depends on what side of the coin you are on. Seller or bidder, let's face it no one is in the wrong for trying to maximize their profit, on the other hand(this applies to me) I would like to find a steal on ebay as well and posting them here doesnt help my cause.

I dont think that the people that post their auctions here are not familiar with the items, and are just letting us know. It's the people that do not know about tiki that are missing out on the price they could have had if they listed the item correctly (that's where good ebay search practices come in) . The uneducated are the only ones that lose out. If your like me, I know that everyone and their brother(or sister) is looking at the posted items on TC and that they are going to sell way higher than others that are not.

I feel that a separate forum would not only stop the clutter up in the Collecting/Main disscussion area, but it would also give a common area for all the sellers to advertise.

[ This Message was edited by: kimcheebref on 2004-10-20 13:38 ]

View Profile of kimcheebref Send a personal message to kimcheebref  Email kimcheebref     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 1:45 pm   Permalink

That's a tough call because there are so many times that something starts out as just an eBay listing, but turns into a very informative thread that belongs under "Collecting Tiki". But I do agree that it seems like lately there has been a deluge of eBay posts.

From what I have noticed, the seasoned TC'ers will post ONCE about ALL of their auctions that are currently up on the block - instead of listing every single auction/item separately. I think that that alone is clogging up the forum. Maybe for the time being, we encourage people to combine their auctions into one post if possible.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 2:32 pm   Permalink

I agree with a separate posting for Ebay auctions-it's great to see new items,but they kind of clutter things up.I also must say I'd like to hear more from the posters than just an advert for a product.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 3:36 pm   Permalink

I like it the way it is, but have noticed the many e-bay links lately.
Sooo many of them seem to be from brand spanking new members who only seem to post their auctions.

I don't have as much time to check e-bay as I used to, so I appreciate the heads up. Especially if it's TCers selling their items.

Whatevah, I'm happy regardless.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 3:56 pm   Permalink

I'm with Toa on this subject. I would like a seperate forum for e-bay advertisers. I am on e-bay enough to know what I'm looking for.
Later,
Spermy
P.S. A seperate forum would be good to have on the days I have money burning a hole into my pockets.

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-10-20 15:57 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 5:10 pm   Permalink

Interesting topic. Please, everyone chime in. This has been discussed over and over in the past, but since the decision has been made mostly on the volume of ebay listings, that perhaps it's time to revisit this.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 5:43 pm   Permalink

A separate Ebay forum would be good for those who may not be able to collect "in the wild."
It also would help those who rarely buy off Ebay, by uncluttering the Collecting forum. Some of us will drive all over in the thrill of the hunt, and online auctions just don't seem sporting, as it were.

That being said, some "Collecting" forum items that were originally in stores (Tiki at Target, or Z Gallerie, for example) are now showing up on Ebay.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-20 6:48 pm   Permalink

ebay IS the ebay collecting forum.

What difference would it really make except for scrolling down another page under another header?

This forum isn't THAT overwhelmed.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-22 04:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-20 18:48, pablus wrote:
This forum isn't THAT overwhelmed.

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:55 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-22 04:56 am   Permalink

I spoke to Hanford about this on Shout a while ago.
I thought it would be good to have an area where people who create Tiki stuff or have items to sell can do on so TC.
Ok there wouldnt be any bidding but you could just have an asking price you want for something and if someone wants it they could Pm you and buy it.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation