FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Who has the most Tiki mugs?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Who has the most Tiki mugs?
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-21 7:56 pm   Permalink

I was just curious as to the size of everyone's collection. I've only been collecting for the past 3 years. I just counted them up and i'm at 87.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-21 8:53 pm   Permalink

I think Mr. Smiley has 87 of every kind!!!
You've got a lotta catching up to do...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-21 11:01 pm   Permalink

I don't know who has the most, but I have the BIGGEST ONE! I'll show it to everybody at the Big Ol Tiki Bash. Keep your minds out of the gutter folks.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2002-09-21 23:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-21 11:10 pm   Permalink

Ah yes, the infamous and elusive John C. Holmes Mug...

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 09:57 am   Permalink

I have millions, MILLIONS I TELL YOU! They are hidden in houses and garages and storage units all over the world, but there mine, ALL MINE! AHHHA AH HA HA HA HHHAA HHAAaaaaa....ha. uhh, Doctor?

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 11:14 am   Permalink

I have 62 different ones. I do not collect doubles. I have been collecting since the end of May this year. This is addicting.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-10-02 11:43 am   Permalink

90 mugs, most of them vintage

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 2:38 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't worry too much about the quantity of Tiki mugs you have...there's people out there with collections so vast that you'd hyperventilate as soon as you enter their collection room(s). To get a large collection these days you either need a limitless supply of $$$ or are willing to fill a wall with leilani mugs.

My advice is to treat your mug collection like you would a record collection....go for ones you particularly like or have some sort of personal attachment too. That way it's YOUR collection and not just a size issue.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:
My advice is to treat your mug collection like you would a record collection....go for ones you particularly like or have some sort of personal attachment too. That way it's YOUR collection and not just a size issue.

Because size doesn't matter, right Mr. Woody?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 2:57 pm   Permalink

Well I've always heard it's actually the 'width' of your collection that really counts.

(And how you display it, of course!)

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-02 6:20 pm   Permalink

I only have a couple chipped Benihana mugs--unless my TV show tonight on Home & Garden Tv proves me to be a liar!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 6:33 pm   Permalink

OOH! OOH! mrsmiley is SUCH a liar. He has a bunch of "Trader Dick's" ones, and even some of those incredibly rare and expensive coconut mugs from Trader Vic's!!!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 7:30 pm   Permalink

It's true I saw Chiki's Tiki Mug with my own eyes, it was so BIG, it had its own room, I started to walk up to it, I thought about what it might be like to take a sip from the rim of this drinking vessel fit for the Gods, then I noticed an earie blue light emanating from depths of this Massive Monster Mug! My palms started to sweat, my knees got week, my head began to swoon, I turned and ran out of that room, to frightened to look back! Come to think of it.....it could have been the fumes from all the varnish! PEE U! Great Mug!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-10-02 19:45 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 7:38 pm   Permalink

Well, I always heard that it wasnt how BIG your collection was, it was how you used it.

Lets just say that I have quite a few more than my wife would like me to have...and fewer than I would lik eto have.
But, unlike some others, I do collect doubles of everything! I guess it's that obbessive-compulsive thing I've spoken about, but I'm always afraid that one will get broken - and atleast I'll have a back up. (No, I could NEVER live in So Cal - too much shakin out there.)
I am so bad about this that if I had 10 of my Stephen Crane Luau mugs (as seen on the back of the BOT), and I was about to be foreclosed upon and live in a cardboard box, I would only sell 5 of those mugs..and maybe trade 1. But, I would keep atleast 2 in case 1 of 'em got broke.

Very anal...I know...I'm told that frequently. I am a very sad excuse for a person.

-C.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-02 9:00 pm   Permalink

Thankyou for enjoying my tiki mug Dawntiki. We have moved it to Bamboo Ben's store to keep the custom-made tiki bars company.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation