FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ General Tiki ╗ ╗ who wants to be the next to read "how daddy became a beachcomber"?
Remove Highlighting
who wants to be the next to read "how daddy became a beachcomber"?
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 12:33 pm   Permalink

Here it is, round 4. Check out the history here :
<a href="http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11268&forum=1&14" target="_blank">http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11268&forum=1&14a>

I finished the book, and loved it.

Here's the new rules : the first centralite who reply to this message with a translation of the following sentence will be the next to read it :

"J'aime les franšais, j'aime Virani, j'aime jouer du ukulÚlÚ sur la plage avec mes amis, et j'aime Bong".

Good luck

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 12:38 pm   Permalink

J'aime les franšais, j'aime Virani, j'aime jouer du ukulÚlÚ sur la plage avec mes amis, et j'aime Bong".
Wait a minute, I got this....
Virani Loves Bong.
No wait...Virani has the hots for Bong.
Umm.. Virany would like to host an intervention for Bong in France.
Ya that's it

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-21 12:43 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 1:51 pm   Permalink

Although I would love to read the book at some point, I don't have the time right now. But I will gladly give the translation to whoever emails me first. Is that cool with you Virani?

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-21 13:51, vintagegirl wrote:
Although I would love to read the book at some point, I don't have the time right now. But I will gladly give the translation to whoever emails me first. Is that cool with you Virani?

Yes, yes, but I din't think it was that hard to translate this small sentence about beach, friends, France and bong...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

OK, I was just contacted by someone but they don't have internet access right now, so I will post the translation for them:

"I love the French, I love Virani, I love playing the ukulele on the beach with my friends, and I love Bong."

C'est correct, n'est ce pas?

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 2:27 pm   Permalink

That's correct.
The winner (or you) can PM me the adress where it has to be send.
Congratulation, whoever you are, and have a nice reading.

Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 2:45 pm   Permalink

Wait a minute, I thought there was an actual list of people. Are we changing the rules as we go along?

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 2:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-21 14:45, Pacific Andy wrote:
Wait a minute, I thought there was an actual list of people. Are we changing the rules as we go along?

No, there is no list, and no rules.

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 7:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Virani,
Did you plant your Palm Tree?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 7:18 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I'll wait my turn, and read through the film of a thousand smudge-stained hands. But I'll read it, if it's the last thing I do! NO MATTER WHAT OCCURS!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-21 7:39 pm   Permalink

When my turn to read it comes up, I'll wear cotton archive gloves.
I'll even keep chocoalte, grape juice, pomagranate seeds, volatile inkwells, and my pet skunk out of the room, unlike the usual routine in my house. No offense to any various black and white mammalian New World mustelid species, bless your hearts.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-22 03:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-21 19:39, ZebraTiki wrote:
When my turn to read it comes up, I'll wear cotton archive gloves.
I'll even keep chocoalte, grape juice, pomagranate seeds, volatile inkwells, and my pet skunk out of the room, unlike the usual routine in my house. No offense to any various black and white mammalian New World mustelid species, bless your hearts.

You should be wearing BAMBOO fiber archive gloves.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-22 11:23 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-22 6:00 pm   Permalink

I actually woke up at 3:00AM (in the morning!) and sat bolt-upright thinking of that. I am soooo busted! Thanks!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation